Chapter 9: Confession

Back in the hotel, Hunter was flipping out.

"Why did you go back for Anthony? You put yourself in danger again! You got the files, you leave, mission is done," Hunter yelled. 

Nina knew he had rules, but she had rules of her own. It was Anthony, she couldn't just leave him like that. They had history.

Shadow seemed to be frowning at his words. "Well, you were the one yelling at her to get out before the transfer was complete. That was not protocol."

Hunter opened his mouth then closed it dumbfounded. Now that she was replaying what happened in her head, Shadow was making some valid statements.

Sky chose the perfect moment to walk through the door.

"Okay, car and heli are all fuelled up, let's go," said Sky before pausing. "Oh damn, the tension in here is real. What's going on?"

"Nothing, let's go," grunted Hunter.

The ride back was very quiet. No one even spoke upon reaching headquarters. 

Before going to sleep, Fox crept into Nina's room with a smile on her face.

"Hey Kitty, did you notice what I noticed?" Fox asked, her grin widening even more.

"And what's that?"

"That Hunter is totally in to you. You should have seen him back at the hotel. He was a total mess! He wanted to abandon the mission so you'd be okay. This is Hunter  we're speaking about, this is unheard of! And you should have seen the way he looked at you when I gave you that makeover, which I will say again-- you were sexy as hell. It was as if you were a goddess in front of his eyes," Fox was unable to hide her excitement.

"Are you sure or are you making yourself think that?" Nina asked, but she couldn't help herself from feeling hopeful.

"I think I know a little about men, it's my expertise," said Fox, with a confident flip of her hair behind her shoulder.

Nina smiled widely and Fox's smile widened even more. They both shrieked.

***

The whole crew was gathered in the dining hall during lunch time.

"Hey Fox, I just got an answer," said Shadow, skimming through his tablet.

This made her smile.

"Kitty, you have another mission," said Fox.

"What is it?" Nina asked, curious and excited.

"I sent our suspect a picture of both of us saying that we are the best in the modeling 'dating' agency, asking him to pick one. He said he'll pay for both of us. We go in, eventually go to a private room, make his death look like an accident and tada! Mission accomplished," Fox explained.

"Perfect!" Nina pipped, she was excited to go on a mission with Fox.

"Oh! I got the perfect dress for you, it's going to look so good against your complexion," Fox added.

"Already playing dress up babe," Wolf smiled at his girlfriend.

"My Kitty looks good in anything," said Sky with a playful wink Nina's way, causing her to roll her eyes and blush.

"Yes, I have to admit Fox did a good job on the last mission," Doc nodded.

"You kidding? Kitty was on fire last mission," said Shadow as he grabbed his tablet and stood up. "I'll go tell Hunter to add Kitty to the plan."

"I can't wait! Nina lets go get your dress fitted," Fox pulled her along.

After a few hours of dolling Nina up, Fox stood back to admire her work.