Chapter 6: Ultimatum

Sky held Nina's hand in the elevator and she didn't pull away. It was warm. With his other arm he held the plush dog he won earlier at the carnival.

"I don't know how we're going to hide the dog," he said. They both started laughing. The doors then opened revealing Hunter pacing there anxiously.

Uh oh.

"Sky, what do you think you're doing? Leaving without my permission, Nina's not even allowed to leave without completing the final! We have rules, they are meant to be followed. You just put her life at stake, she's wanted by Slade!" Hunter roared. His eyes shifted to their hands intertwined. Nina's face tuned beat red suddenly feeling like she betrayed him.

"Boss, she needed this. She had a breakdown, this is the first time in a long time I've seen Kitty this happy-"

"Take Kitty to her room, then come to my office immediately."

He didn't let him speak. Hunter looked furious.

"Come on Kitty," grunted Sky dragging her away. He went into her room and slammed his hand against the wall. Nina gently touched his arm.

"Hey, I'm sorry I put you in this position," she mumbled.

He took a deep breath and turned to face her. His hand gently stroked her cheek.

"Don't be, this was one hundred percent my decision, I would take a billion beatings as long as I'd get to see you smile like you did today," he said kindly.

"Sky," Nina gasped. She has been with group for months now. For Sky to care for her so, it meant a lot.

He have her a quick peck on the cheek and turned to leave to meet with Hunter.

Nina blushed and touched the place he kissed her. She smiled. She couldn't let him take all the blame. She ran after him to Hunter's office. The door was left ajar, someone probably not closing it hard enough. She walked in and found the whole crew in there too. They were all yelling so loud that they didn't notice her walk in.

"Boss, if you had seen her! She was broken! Something had taken over her mind it wasn't healthy. We needed to clear her mind!" Wolf said.

"There are rules and procedures that keeps this facility running and the people in it safe," said Hunter.

"Her eyes were so puffy from the crying she tried to hide from us," said Fox.

"I was not informed of these actions I should have been told! I'm the one in charge here," Hunter said.

"Not to mention her hand that she abused!" Shadow said.

"If she had done any more damage she would have damaged the tissue so bad that it would have prevented her from using that hand for any complex purpose," said Doc.

"Slade is still out there," Hunter reminded them. "Which one of you want to be responsible for her disappearance? One of his men was going to rape her when I found her, that would have put her in a worse position than she is now!"

"It was a park, not a brothel! You should have just seen that smile," argued Sky.

"You think this is all a joke don't you? I've seen the consequences!" Hunter yelled.

"Speaking of the devil," said Rock catching all their attention. Uh oh.

They all turned to the door.

Nina could feel her cheeks burning up. She cleared her throat and put on a brave face despite her racing heart beat.

"Thanks guys, but can I speak to Hunter alone?" she asked.