Jessy Mitchel P.O.V

Jessy Mitchel P.O.V (August the 23rd, first day of school)

I grabbed all my books and a bagel from the kitchen. From the front door, I hear Meghan yell "Come on guys! If you don't hurry your asses up, I'm leaving without you!"

I run into the front entryway of our apartment. Meghan stood there, she was wearing a blue long-sleeved crop top, and ripped jeans. Her hair was curled and she had a simple makeup and her grey Jansport backpack over one shoulder.

I was wearing the black sweatpants that I had clearly worn the day before. A black bra that was seen through my white pyjama t-shirt. My hair in a messy braid with little hair flying everywhere. My make-up clearly smeared on in a hurry.

Behind me, there were a few thumps and Colbi showed up behind me. He was wearing a navy blue t-shirt with a red house on it, a rainbow belt wrapped around black jeans ripped at the knees, red green and blue dino socks and yellow checkered vans. He had painted his nails black, and he had a plain navy blue baseball hat on, and his fish skeleton earring once again.

"Well get going!" He said, pushing us out the door as he grabbed his red backpack. "We don't have all day!"

"Fine, jee-zus," Meghan rolled her eyes, and Colbi stuck out his tongue.

"Whatever, let's go! We're late," Colbi sighed. "And I don't wanna miss class."

-----------------At the bus stop-----------------------

I was on my phone, waiting for the bus to arrive. I was scrolling through Instagram, liking all of my old friend's pictures of their new universities. Colbi was listening to music through his earbuds and coming up with new rhythms for a song he was writing, and Meghan was literally performing hamilton.

"Can you please shut up?" Colbi snapped at Meghan.

"No, this is a free country," Meghan said still dancing on the sidewalk, she sang to the rhythm of Schuyler sisters. "I can sing hamilton if I want to sing hamilton."

"Guys, is that Nemiah?" I pointed out, as I looked up. She was walking out of starbucks with a venti. "Meghan! She has starbucks!!"

"Yes, and you don't," Meghan said.

"I can see that," I whined. "Can we go to starbucks?"

"No! The bus is probably almost here!" Colbi said, still scrolling on his phone.

"Wait, yeah why is Nemiah here?" Meghan asked.

"Why should I know?!" I asked loudly.

"Jessy?" Nemiah shouted. She had long dark hair that was dyed red at the tips. She had dark skin and was wearing a lot of makeup. She sipped her coffee and walked over to the group.

"Hey!" I smiled, waving her over. "What brings you here?"

"Makeup!" She said. "I'm a Sephora intern"

"That's neat," Meghan mumbled.

"Oh, Meghan!" She said and hugged her. Meghan put her hands to her sides and just rolled her eyes. "Oh, is that... Savannah- I mean, Colbi, too?" She let's go of Meghan and walks over to Colbi. Colbi hugged him but rolls his eyes.

Yes. Colbi was actually a Transgender girl. His name was Savannah, but he got a Gender Reassignment Surgery and was now a boy. But he only got that surgery halfway through grade 12, so some people kinda forgot.

Meghan and Nemiah had a weird past. They hated each other, Nemiah and I are friends. She used to constantly tell me how much she hated Meghan, the thing is I told Meghan. Now Nemiah pretends their friends but Meghan doesn't go along with it.

"So," Nemiah continued, turning to me "what are all of you doing here?"

"We go to the University of Calgary."Meghan sighed.

"Oh, what are you studying?" She asked.

"I study oceanography," I cut in "Meghan is studying History and Archeology and Colbi is studying veterinary medicine."

"That's nice," She took a sip of her Starbucks "Jessy! We should totally hang out at Starbucks after you finish class, about 3:00?". The bus pulled up from behind her.

I nodded

"We need to go," Meghan said walking past then onto the bus.

"Well, it was nice seeing y'all." Nemiah smiled walking away, I followed Colbi onto the bus.