Meghan Smith P.O.V

September 1st

The next morning, I woke up. After my shower, I dried my hair, put on a jade green sweatshirt and a pair of ripped jeans. I put my hair up with a jaw clip on the back of my head. I put on concealer and mascara.

I shoved my textbooks into my bag and placed it against the wall in the entryway.

I ran into the kitchen since I had a half-hour before the bus came. I made myself a hot chocolate. I never like coffee or tea. I made hot chocolate and chugged it.

I walked up to Jessy's room, banging on the door to make sure she was awake I yelled through the door "I'm going now! I have an early class. Oh! And make sure to wake Colbi up!"

I grabbed my backpack and slung it over one shoulder.

I walked down the road to the bus stop. I sat on the bench provided by the government, ya those gross benches. I sat scrolling through my phone, looking at Instagram. 

I had somewhat gotten over Jasper, it was still a sensitive conversation, but I wasn't constantly crying.

Someone sat next to me. I looked up to see a boy. He had messy black hair but like a cute messy. He had green eyes that popped next to his deep blue sweater and wore a pair of dark blue jeans with black sneakers. He was just scrolled through his phone.

I go back to scrolling on my phone. "Hi," I hear.

I look up to see the guy looking up at me. "Hi," I reply.

"So where are you headed?" He asked, turning to me.

"Oh, school," I sighed, turning my phone off. "I go to the University of Calgary."

"Oh that's where I know you from," He said cheerfully. "We have a couple of classes together."

"Oh, that's awesome!" I said happily. He smiled. Ohmygodhissmileissocute. "What's your name?"

"Miles," He replied. "You're Meghan, right? I'm not a creepy stalker- definitely not.. just observant."

"Um.. yeah I'm Meghan," I said. I felt my cheeks get warmer. "So, I guess do you wanna sit together on the bus?"

He smiled brightly. I blushed a little more. "Yeah, I'd love that."

I went back to my phone, feeling as if I interacted any more I would break out into a blushing disaster. As I scrolled through Instagram, I heard a rather perky voice call my name.

"Meghan!!" Nemiah shouted, running up to me. I sighed and prepared for the worst.

"Hi.," I said as she sat between Miles and me.

"How are you holding up? Oh my lord did Jessy tell you? Jasper-"

"I know," I said stopping her scared that I'd start crying, but it didn't do much.

"I'm sorry about him," She said sympathetically. "He was an ass, you guys weren't meant for each other." I barely held in my tears.

My eyes fell on Miles, who was looking at me with a mixture of like.. confusion and disappointment in his eyes. But when I looked at him, he turned away and I looked at Nemiah, who was looking at him.

"Oh my god.." She said. "He is so hot!"

I blushed and looked away. "yeahIguessbutitdoesn'tmatterreally.." I said very quickly.

"Huh?" She said, leaning in close.

"Well! Would you look at that! The bus! My bus, that I am going on with Miles. And you are going on another bus, correct?"