Chapter 24. Back to school

After the fight Alpha Alan retreated with the woman I had seen beside him. Brie confirmed for me that it was Angelica. We hadn't seen them since, Michael immediately took over the Alpha role. Which meant lots and lots of work. He planned and executed the ceremony to name his beta and third, Brian and Jacob. Which meant they were also very busy.

Michael had wanted to name me Luna during the ceremony as well, but I wanted to finish school and reveal myself to the pack as a white wolf before we did. I wanted to finish school like I had planned, and I wanted more time to train. There was no doubt that once I revealed myself trouble would follow. I wanted to be as prepared as I could.

We had all moved into the pack house, Thomas included. That was really it's own crazy story.

Thomas had been vehemently against it. Amy, however, quickly agreed. Which stunned Thomas and he ended up agreeing as well. Their bedrooms were still separate but right next to each other. Michael and I share a room, Brie and Brian's room was right next door. Thankfully at the pack house all the rooms were sound proof. I was surprised Brie wasn't pregnant yet, they rarely kept their hands off of each other.

Next to their room was Amy's followed by Thomas's. We were on the fourth floor and the only rooms up here.

The pack slowly got used to Michael as their alpha, then even slower got used to having a witch and vampire around. Amy no longer cloaked her scent. Alan and Angelica had apparently decided not to stay in the pack house. The night of Michael's party they had moved out into a cabin on the grounds that was the far from the pack house.

Going back to school was hard. With both Brian and Michael gone since they graduated it made the school seem empty. Michael had appointed someone to fill in as headmaster until he got the hang of all of his duties.

Loren has become more of a nuisance in her brother's absence but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle.  She was on a power trip and we just stayed out of her way. There was a rumor going around that I really wasn't Michael's mate, insert eye roll, that I was pretty positive came from her. It was silly considering they all thought I was human but I had easily, accidentally resisted the alpha's aura. But whatever, let them think what the want.

Even with school I continued to train hard. I didn't need much more credits to graduate so half of my day was spent doing "college courses", which was really training at Thomas's house with either Thomas, Amy, Michael, or Brian. Amy had already been through school and college a few times so she also went to half a day.

I found out she enrolled in Lincoln heights to study the wolves from a distance. Not to cause issues but because she was curious about them. I figured their had to be an easier way to do it but maybe she was just bored too.

The only day off I had was Sunday, the plan was to spend the time with Michael. However, he was typically busy with alpha duties, so I'd spend it with Brie. Brian was busy with beta stuff so she was usually free.

Most nights I didn't see Michael. From his scent I could tell he had slept in the bed but he was coming to bed after me and leaving before I woke up. I was kind of hurt but I tried to not let it bother me. He had a lot going on with all of the alpha duties.

The days blurred together. School, training, sleep, and repeat. I was doing well in my classes and greatly progressing in training. I could now beat any of them, except Thomas, in human form. Thomas was just too fast, but I would land hits now and then. In wolf form I could beat Brian so Michael had to step it up and spar with me. It never really worked well and I beat him, but he said he couldn't help but take it easy on me. So I continue with Brian regardless.

With Amy I had mastered most of the spells she taught me, which was most of what she knew. She gave me tasks to do everyday, to learn my limit and the limit of those I was drawing power from, such as the trees. She also set me to study the language of the witches. They called it Adira. All spells are preformed in this language. She brought me book after book. I was learning quickly and she had mentioned the need to go to her coven for more history books.

When the two week Christmas break rolled around I was exhausted and badly needed a rest. Thomas had agreed after being teamed up on by Amy, Brie and I. I had worked long and diligently and I deserved a break. I was silently hoping Michael would agree, and take a break as well.

For the first week there was no such luck. As Christmas, and my birthday neared I saw less and less of him. I was starting to feel like he didn't want to be around me.

Christmas morning I was woke up by soft kisses on my neck. By the sparks I knew it was Michael. I rolled over to face him. Things got heated very quickly. Eventually, but too soon, Michael pulled himself away.

"I have a surprise for you love, but if we continue this we're going to be late." Michael said as he smiled at me. I blushed. I didn't want this to stop, but, I was also very curious.

I quickly got dressed in skinny jeans and an 'ugly' Christmas sweater. I French-braided my hair and even put on Christmas ornament earrings. To say I was excited for Christmas this year was an understatement! Knowing it was my birthday for the first time made me giddy! I was 18, a legal adult!

Michael led me downstairs to the kitchen. He had made pancakes, eggs, and bacon! My favorite. We sat down to eat just the two of us.

"This was a wonderful surprise, thank you." I said between mouthfuls of food.

"Your welcome, but this isn't your surprise." Michael replied with a wink.

Hopefully his surprise includes the bedroom. Lilith wistfully commented. I pushed her back, rolling my eyes at her eagerness. Not that I wasn't but Michael had made it clear, not yet.

We finished eating and Michael took me to the living room to watch movies. I snuggled up to him and relaxed. Spending time with him was exactly what I wanted. We watched twilight just for laughs. Now that I'm a part of the supernatural world, this movie sure was comical. Though some things they did get right.

Once we were done Michael led me outside towards where the bonfires are held. He covered my eyes as we rounded the house. We walked closer to where the fire pit was and I could smell all of the pack wolves, a human, a witch, and a vampire.

Michael uncovered my eyes as everyone shouted, "SURPRISE! Happy birthday!"

I was almost in tears. A surprise birthday party on the first year I was able to celebrate it on the correct day! They had banners that said "Happy 18th birthday, Noel!" There we're light blue streamers everywhere. Several people even had party hats on! There was food and a three layer cake! The cake was so big, it resembled a wedding cake.

During the party I was introduced to several of the pack members I didn't know. Everyone seemed to accept me, and that made my heart sing. I went from being an orphan to being surrounded by hundreds of people who considered me closer than family.

After everyone sung happy birthday to me, I blew out the candles and we started passing out cake. Once everyone was munching on the decadent cake Michael called their attention and pulled me to him.

Michael dropped to one knee and pulled out a small ring box from his pocket. Shock rang through my body, followed by a huge blush and a feeling of pure joy.

"Noel, you are the love of my life. My mate. I want to bind myself to you in every way possible. I love you more than words can express. Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" Michael ask with so much love and sincerity that it made me weak at the knees. I started bawling before I could answer but just vigorously nodded my head yes.

Michael beamed with euphoria before slipping the ring on my finger. It was a very beautiful but simple gold, princess cut diamond ring. I absolutely loved it! He stood up and pick me up in his arms. He peppered kisses all over my face before landing a quick passionate kiss on my lips. He set me down, grabbed my hand with the ring on it into his, and lifted them both up into the air.

"Everyone, your future Luna, Noel, has agreed to marry me!" Michael exclaimed, his face spread into an ear to ear smile and the clapping thundered around us.

We spent the rest of the day with the pack before going to bed together. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect birthday.