Chapter 33. The battle begins

A few days had passed, Brie was in constantly pain but hadn't shifted yet. According to Annalise though it was completely normal. I tried my best to focus on the war at hand but Brie was always in the back of my mind. My shift was awful and painful and I hated that I was causing her to go through it when I never even asked her if she wanted this.

We were planning on leaving the pack at the end of the week. Four days. We were going to slowly march to where Jackson's pack lands are. We hoped he would come to meet us but could be sure. The path was all planned out. Each person had their own job.

Vampires would take turns running out in groups ahead of us to scout the area. Witches were setting spells around us to so that we would be alerted if anyone tried to sneak up on us. Wolves were going to take turns patrolling around the edges of the group, especially when we stopped to camp. Everything was well laid out but I was still insanely nervous. This was going to be a very long journey.

We decided to let everyone have the rest of the week off of training. Everyone had given their best during training and they needed a chance to recover before we marched. To spend time with loved ones and mentally prepare themselves for this war.

I was sitting in Michael's office, going over the battle plans when Amy and her mother walked in. Amy seemed excited but her mother was very straight faced.

"Miss Noel, we think we have an idea of how to make the journey to Jackson's territory much more simple." Alexandria stated, emotionless. But now I understood why Amy was excited.

"Noel! We realized we could teleport everyone. We could send everyone to a safe distance from Jackson's! Then we wouldn't have to walk that awful distance!" Amy all but shouted in excitement.

"I didn't know such a spell existed though, and what of the energy it would take to cast it?" I questioned. I liked this idea in theory but didn't know if it would work.

"There is a spell. Lost to most but I'm certain the council witches know of it." Alexandria stated, she was trying to stay emotionless but I saw a little glimmer of excitement in her eyes. Performing this magnitude of a spell would definitely be something amazing to see.

"With every witch hybrid and of course you, preforming the spell I think we could do it!" Amy bubbles out.

I had never tested my strength to that extent before. It sounded like a good idea but I was worried it would take too much from us right before we were to battle. I told her I'd think about it and get back to her. Amy hugged me before she left, Alexandria simply nodded.

Things between the mother/daughter pair still didn't seem great but them coming to the office together was definitely an improvement. I hoped that with time Alexandria would accept Thomas and Amy's relationship. Thomas was part witch anyway! His vampire side was very much dominate. Regardless it shouldn't matter, but apparently it does.

Noel! Noel! Brian's panicked voice rang in my head. I immediately started sprinting to Brie's room.

I'm on my way Brian, is everything alright? I quickly ask as I was running.

Yes! She's finally shifted! She's beautiful! The joy in Brian's voice was evident. He cut the link and I slowed down a little bit but not much. Brie has finally shifted which meant she was no longer in pain!

As I made it to her room, a very familiar scent hit my nose. I could smell Brian. But I could also smell my own scent. Very very faint and mixed with the powerful scent of oranges. It was Brie's scent. I hadn't realized she would gain my scent.

With my scent mixed with hers, as well as Brian's, she smelled like a potpourri dish. The thought made me chuckle. I opened the door to her room to be greeted by Brian standing next to a light gray wolf.