10

The rest of the day went by quickly, and I find myself in the Cafeteria

The rest of the day went by quickly, and I find myself in the Cafeteria. I see that kid that I knocked over on the previous day. He's apparently balancing three trays of food while talking on the phone.

"He-"

"Same class, right?" Daniel grins "Let's ear together,"

The shorter of the two looks absolutely dumbfounded. Whispers break out everywhere.

"Huh?"

"What? Why him?"

"Crazy,"

"Jealous~"

Zack and his goons look shocked. Perhaps even threatened.

'Is this why feminists say masculinity is fragile?' I sweatdrop.

Suddenly, the cafeteria goes silent beside some mutters as a cheap knockoff of Zack and his goons enter the room.

"Wow- is it her?" the new face says from the entrance. "The girl who took down Zack?"

Zack looks royally pissed off. He even flinches.

"Hehe yep,"

Next thing I see, Zack's head darts to the direction of the noise.

"She's hot,"

This did manage to get me ticked off. I stand up straight once again looking towards him.

"Wow, she's gorgeous,"

"I'm better looking, right?"

'Ew. He's so full of himself'

"I heard you lost to that pretty girl,"

I sigh and remain in a fixed position.

"...Well. I lost to the pretty girl," Zack begins. "but I can probably take you,"

I'm beginning to be irritated. I was about to step in, but I'm too lazy. Next thing I see is Zack throwing what looks to be a warning punch, since it stops just short of the glasses boy's face.

Near by, some more mysterious people appear. One of them I know to be Vasco. Daniel seems to know one of them too.

"H...Hey!!"

I facepalm. This is gonna be a long day. I wonder why I can't just enjoy a peaceful day at this school.

"That's the new guy. Maybe he's picking a fight?" the guy with the big ears says to Vasco, who seems like his leader or something.

Of course, Daniel has to continue. "Ah.. Hey.."

'He's gonna get himself killed'

Vasco sends a cold glare to Daniel.

"Who are you? You know me?"

'Gee. He's scary'

All that I absorb after that is him walking over to Daniel and placing a hand on his shoulder. I look around a little bit and notice that a large percentage of the cafeteria looks terrified. Even Zack and the guy next to him look scared. It doesn't take long to piece together that this situation is no good.

I go to step forward, noticing the stoic blonde also takes a half step. Daniel grabs Vasco's hand and pulls it off just like that. I, along with everyone else, form a face of shock.

"Sorry if I bothered you," Daniel starts. "I thought you were someone else,"

the cafeteria fills with whispers and yells alike. Vasco looks at daniel with a mix of shock and suspicion. Daniel is just sitting there with a nervous grin, as he gets a death glare from Vasco's companion.

Vasco pulls his arm back, clearly readying himself to punch Daniel. Just before he can do so, his companion jumps in the middle.

"Haha! Yeah!" He forces. "So you thought he was someone else?"

"Yeah..sorry,"

"Nah, it happens," he starts. "What class are you in? Fashion?"

"Yep.."

"Oh, so you are the new guy,"

"Yep!"

"Forget it and eat,"

"Okay!!"

'What. The. Fuck?'

Part of me, no all of me, can't believe what I just saw. Noise once again fills the cafeteria. Jace sends another cold glare to Daniel, who is currently stuffing his face.

"Hey little guy.."

'ah shit, here we go again.'

"Don't surrender to guys like that. Believe in yourself,"

And with that, Vasco went off to grab lunch.

I hope you liked this chapter! If you did, don't forget to vote and comment!

edited: may 20, 2020