002

INFINITE ━ CHAPTER TWO✧ DEJA VU ✧

INFINITE CHAPTER TWO
✧ DEJA VU ✧

━━━━✧━━━━

BROOKLYN NATALIE'S NEW LIFE felt mundane compared to her previous one. Her civilian routine was much simpler compared to her old one, which, to be fair, consisted of being in Wayne Enterprises, a sought-after socialite, and eventually, a business partner to Ferris Air.

In this world, she was just Brooklyn Barton.

She was yet to find a job that suited her. For one, the 1% were vastly different on this Earth. Her other skills involved being a detective and a vigilante, but her (secret) affiliation with S.H.I.E.L.D. forbade her from entering any police or detective work—

Not that she was interested in working for an institution that used to want her behind bars.

Nor did Manhattan, New York need a vigilante either. They had the flying robot man, who the waitress called Iron Man, but photos reminded her of the A.T.O.M.

So, in the meantime, she spent her time in an underground boxing gym in New York. Fighting was the only release she knew growing up... on the streets of Gotham, then in the Batcave, as an orphan, and as the Gotham Archer.

"Interesting choice of a pastime," She heard. She recognized the voice.

"Excuse me?" She asked, turning to give Director Fury a look.

"There are a hundred million things you can do here in New York," The man explained. "Why seclude yourself in this basement?"

"Because there are a hundred million things you can do in New York," Brooklyn responded. "And this is one of them,"

Director Fury only nodded his head in amusement. The brunette was not wrong.

"Look, Ms. Wayne, I'm here for an urgent matter," He told her. "Agent Barton has been compromised,"

Her stomach dropped. "What?"

The director approached her and handed her a tablet. On it was surveillance footage from what seemed to be an underground lab in S.H.I.E.L.D.. Brooklyn was confident it was only one of their many because she did not recognize the place.

She watched as the footage unveiled what had happened to Clint.

Her adoptive father stood beside the director, both men across a round, complex device. Suddenly, the device began to glow a bright blue, which was nearly identical to her magic, and the stance of the men present in the footage indicated that it caused the ground to shake violently.

A straight laser beam shot at the opposite end, away from Fury and Clint. A circular portal was opening up.

"Invasion...," Brooklyn muttered, remembering Diana's reaction to the parademons, but that was not the only thing that caught her attention.