007

INFINITE ━ CHAPTER SEVEN✧ THE WORLD TURNED ✧

INFINITE CHAPTER SEVEN
✧ THE WORLD TURNED ✧

━━━━✧━━━━

"TELL US WHERE SUPERMAN IS!" Wonder Woman demanded. She glared at the towering Apokolips creature they were facing, Darkseid. "Come on, Giant! I'm getting bored,"

"He is mine, as is your world," Darkseid growled.

Omega beams blasted out of his eyes, and Wonder Woman quickly formed an X with her arms. The wristbands clanged together as it deflected the beams, and Darkseid was stunned by her power. Clearly, this Amazon was not like her sisters.

"Too many people believe that. That's the problem here," Wonder Woman stated. "The world belongs to no one and everyone,"

She pulled out her sword and swung it at Darkseid. The blade stabbed his eye, causing a bright, red blast as the god cried out painfully.

"One down!" Wonder Woman hollered as she landed on the ground.

"One to go!" Aquaman yelled, leaping beside the Amazon with a trident in hand.

While Darkseid recovered from the sword to his eye, his other eye was stabbed by the trident. Omega beams blasted around once more, and the debris from the explosion scattered in a circular motion.

Nearby, Green Lantern and the Gotham Archer quickly conjured shields with his power ring and her magic, protecting the other heroes from the blast. It was green and blue glory against the red, but the beauty did not distract from the fact that Darkseid was still standing.

"A sword and a trident through his eyes and he's still standing?!" Green Lantern huffed. "What else can we do?"

"We can send him home," Cyborg suggested.

"How?" The Gotham Archer asked incredulously. Of all the Gotham crazies she had faced, this battle defied everything she thought she knew about the world— and this was a world with Superman. Darkseid and his Parademons came from Apokolips, a planet that was clearly lightyears away from theirs.

"Those mother boxes can open a gateway back to the world they come from," Cyborg answered. "I just have to... connect with them somehow and speak their language,"

"Which is what?" Green Lantern asked.

"Ping," Cyborg uttered. "Whatever the hell that—,"

Neither Green Lantern nor the Gotham Archer heard Cyborg as he successfully activated the technology. A loud boom echoed throughout the city, opening a blinding portal in front of them. The parademons were being sucked in, and the heroes had to hold their ground to resist the pull. It seemed that several more portals opened throughout the city because all the parademons were disappearing into the opposite void.