Extended Summary

" I GUESS SPACE AND TIMETAKES VIOLENT THINGS,ANGRY THINGS,AND MAKES THEM KIND

TAKES VIOLENT THINGS,
ANGRY THINGS,
AND MAKES THEM KIND. "

THE LEGEND OF THE HOODED ARCHER was a whisper of hope in a time of war. It was a story told to children, reminding them that there was still someone good at a time plagued by evil. It was a story that inspired them to do what was right—to fight.

That was all it ever was—a story.

The Hooded Archer wasn't real. There was no such thing of a hooded figure who roamed the streets at night, carrying a bow and arrow and stopping anyone who committed crime. There was no such thing as arrows that inspired hope, arrows that hit their target every night. There was no such thing of a hero like that.

The real heroes were the soldiers who fought on the battlefield, they said. The closest thing the people ever had to a hero in a costume was Captain America.

LITTLE DID THEY KNOW, somewhere in a different universe, the Legend was a real person—a hero, just as the stories say—and she wasn't alone. She protected the Earth with the rest of the Justice League from dangers beyond their understanding.

The Legend may be just an urban myth in another universe, but in her universe, Brooklyn Natalie was as real as any other person, living life as any other person. Between the Kryptonian, the Intergalactic Lantern Corps and the Gotham Crazies, life was normal.

Until it wasn't.

Brooklyn Natalie was certain she died, her soul erased from the face of the universe, not brought to another universe where people couldn't even believe she was real.

She used to walk in the shadows, pretending like she was one. She used to be seen as a goddess, an angel sent from the heavens. Now, she walked amongst men under the light, yet she couldn't be more detached from reality.

When Captain America was found alive, they said he was a man out of his time.
Well, Brooklyn Natalie was out of her universe.

━━━━✧━━━━

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓