003

INFINITE ━ CHAPTER THREE✧ AMONG THE GODS ✧

INFINITE CHAPTER THREE
✧ AMONG THE GODS ✧

━━━━✧━━━━

"WE GOT A HIT." An agent reported. "Sixty-seven percent match. Weight, cross match, seventy-nine percent,"

"Location?" Brooklyn asked.

"Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Konigstrass," The agent answered. "He's not exactly hiding,"

"Captain," Fury called and Steve turned.

"Archer," The director added.

Brooklyn immediately turned at the name. Batman used to call her Archer in their comms— short for Gotham Archer.

"You're up,"

The two were led to the storage unit where their suits were kept. Lo and behold, they were displayed side-by-side like a museum exhibit, but the air could not be any more tense between the two.

To the general viewer, it was a sight to see two legends come to life. To the two friends, the uniforms weighed ten times heavier than they looked.

Eventually, Steve was the first to break the silence, asking Brooklyn, "You're an archer?"

He was referring to Fury's codename for her and the weapons in front of them.

"And you're the...," Brooklyn raised a brow. "American flag?"

Steve could not help but laugh, saying, "You don't know who I am, do you?"

"You're Steve from Brooklyn," She answered honestly. "I'm sorry if you have a more famous monicker,"

"No, it's... the uniform, actually," He told her. "Captain America,"

"So, that's what Nat meant about the Captain America trading cards," She muttered, then laughed, saying, "You have trading cards!"

"Still getting used to that," Steve shook his head, suppressing a smile. "How about your code name? I'm guessing you have one because of your mask,"

Brooklyn looked at the said eye mask, the one she requested from Fury. She held it, and it felt equally familiar and foreign in her hands.

"Legend," She answered, happy to say her name, but she debated for a moment. "Short for Legend of the Hooded Archer,"

┈┈┈┈┈┈✶┈┈┈┈┈┈

The first mission for any agent or vigilante should be the most exciting, but this ordeal in Stuttgart, Germany could not be any more underwhelming for Brooklyn Natalie.

By the time they arrived at the Stuttgart Museum, crowds were already in a frenzy, racing out of the place. Steve and Brooklyn were on the ground, tactically positioned on either side of the entrance, while Natasha co-piloted an armed quinjet above them.