005

INFINITE ━ CHAPTER FIVE✧ SO BIG, SO DUMB ✧

INFINITE CHAPTER FIVE
✧ SO BIG, SO DUMB ✧

━━━━✧━━━━

"STEP AWAY FROM THE SCEPTER!" Brooklyn warned, stalking back into the research lab.

Tony shot her a look and questioned, "Who are you and what makes you think you can bark orders like that?"

"Step away from the scepter," Brooklyn repeated more firmly. "It's a weapon that—,"

"I know that it's a weapon, Ms. Archerino. We can handle a little pointy glowy stick," Tony retorted. This asshole had been testing her patience the minute they met in the quinjet.

"No, it's messing with—,"

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Fury demanded, storming into the research lab.

"I'm kind of wondering the same thing about you," Tony responded.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract," Fury told him.

"We are," Banner said. "The model's locked, and we're seeking the signature now. We hit a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile,"

The doctor pointed to a screen on the opposite end of the room, diverting Fury's attention. Meanwhile, Brooklyn darted for the scepter, which none of the three men bothered with since they were too busy arguing.

"Yeah, and then you'll get your cube back. No muss, no fuss—," Tony said, but he stopped when his screen flashed red. He spun it towards Fury and curiously asked, "What is Phase 2?"

The words ACCESS GRANTED appeared followed by Phase 2 Classified.

There was a loud clank, and everyone in the room looked up to see Steve with a pissed look on his face and a large weapon on the table beside him.

"Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons," Steve answered angrily, glaring at Fury. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me,"

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract," Fury told the soldier, walking towards him. "This does not mean that we're—,"

"I'm sorry, Nick," Tony cut him off, turning the computer screen to show the director what he found. "What were you lying...?"

Brooklyn narrowed her eyes at the screen. They were blueprints for missiles, and their energy core was derived from the Tesseract.

"You said you did not know enough about the cube," The brunette said to Fury, turning to the director. "Now, you want to make explosives out of it?"

"I was wrong, director," Steve told the man. "The world hasn't changed a bit,"

Thor and Natasha entered the lab, and the redhead immediately eyed Banner from her findings with Loki.

"Did you know about this?" Banner asked.