One shot (James Sirius)

You were walking down the halls quite zoned out, thinking of the long day you had ahead of you and the classes you were going to have to attend. You groaned just at the thought of it.

Suddenly you felt someone take your hair tie out of your hair. "Hey!" You shout as you turn around. You see your best friend, James Sirius Potter running down the hall and laughing. You groaned but didn't bother to go after him, you just went straight to the great hall craving for food at the moment.

You walk to the Hufflepuff table and sat yourself down placing your bag beside you and proceeding to pile food into your plate. You were enjoying your meal till you felt a figure sit beside you. "Hey Y/N. Didn't bother to take your scrunchie back from me eh?" He said while nudging you. You have him a small smile and continued to eat. "Why are you so quiet? Everything okay?" He asked giving you a worried look.

"I'm fine just tired" he takes your hand and put the scrunchie onto your wrist with that he smiles and walks to the Gryffindor table. You sit there astonished as u feel your face heat up. Yeah you had a crush on your best friend, but what could you do about it.

~Afternoon~

You sat at the Gryffindor table in the great hall waiting for James. He hadn't come yet but the rest of his family had. Albus came over from the Slytherin table. Rose and Hugo were seated across from you. "Ngaw look who's waiting for her boyfriend" Rose said as she playfully batted her eyelashes. You rolled your eyes but couldn't help but grin a little. They all knew about your crush on James but what you didn't know is that they also knew about James' crush on you. Yes they loved teasing you about you guys dating but they knew you guys weren't actually dating, unfortunately...

You were eating when you saw James sit beside you. He gave you a bright smile. You smile back and immediately lay your head on his shoulder. "Ugh I still have 2 hours of Potions and Care of Magical creatures" he laughs and gently strokes your hair. "Oh come one it's not that bad" "says you who has an hour of free period and an hour of flying." He just chuckles lightly and begins to eat as your head continues to be on his shoulder. All of a sudden you hear a clicking sound. You look up to see Rose holding a Muggle camera.

"So CUTE!" Rose exclaims. You just roll your eyes. "Alright guys I'm gonna go for Potions. See ya. Bye James" with that you smile at the group and left not forgetting to mess James hair a bit.

•James POV
"Alright guys I'm gonna go for Potions. See Ya. Bye James" Y/N said and left after ruffling my hair a little. I usually hate people touching my hair but I didn't mind if it was her. I blushed a bit and turned to my cousins who were smirking at me. "James when are you ever gonna tell her you're madly in love with her" Hugo says. "When I feel it's the right time I guess" with that I shrugged and continue eating my food.

~after classes~

•Y/N's POV
You sat in the Hufflepuff commen room reading a book and having your completed homework beside you. You hear the door of the common room open and you see James come in which is no surprise to you seen he knew the Hufflepuff password and you knew the Gryffindor password. He came in so often even the prefects didn't care anymore. He plops down beside you and lays his head on your lap. You stroke his hair as he groans. You stop thinking he didnt like it.

"No, no please continue" and so you did. You close your book and question him. "What's wrong?" "Imelda Stewart keeps bothering me!" You laugh at this. Imelda was a very beautiful girl and had a lot of guys go after her but she never took interest in them, she only liked James. Since probably day one of first year. "I don't even like her" he mumbles. "Then who do you likes James?" You tease him. "None of your business, nosy" "hey I'm your best friend!"

He sat up and looked at you. "What if I told you it was you." He said with a smirk, you blush. This can't be real right? "M-me?" "Yeah" "This can't be real right?" and before you knew it the gap between you guys was closed by your lips connecting. "Does that answer your question dumbo?" He said. "I don't think I heard the answer clear enough Potter." You said he rolled his eyes and your lips connected again.