One shot (Tom riddle) (Part 1)

Third person's POV

Tom was in the great hall eating his breakfast, lost in thought and contemplating on whether or not he should unlock and go to the chamber of secrets today. It would be nice since he didn't have the prefect night shift tonight.

His train of thoughts broke when he saw his followers enter the hall. All laughing and pushing each other around. Those shallow minded fools are pathetic excuses for Slytherin's. Always fooling around and playing. "Idiots" thought Tom. They quietened down however when they approached their master. "Good morning, Riddle" greeted Orion Black. Tom didn't respond to his greeting and only continued to eat his food, wanting to finish and go to his class early. Seeing as their master was in no mood to have a conversation, they left him alone. Just like Tom wanted it to be. A few minutes later, he grabbed his bag and left the hall. Once again ignoring the "byes" that came from his followers.

He was walking to his class, turning to go into different hallways from time to time. He liked it like this, when the hallways were peaceful and quiet, no noise or giggling girls or laughing people. A good time and place for him to think of his plot. When he should let the basilisk out or which mudblood to kill first. The thoughts simmered down a little as he pushed open the door of his potions class. He then came face to face with his potions and head of Slytherin house professor, Professor Slughorn. Jolly he always was, he greeted riddle with a smile "Morning Riddle! Early as always I see". Tom had no choice but to be curt to his professor, "Good morning, sir". Tom went to sit at his usual place, being the only one there. He took out his diary and began writing in it.

Soon, students starting coming into the class. The noise was starting to build up as chatters filled the class. Tom had put his diary away the moment his potions partner came in, Abraxas Malfoy. "Alright students. Settle down now, settle down" called Professor Slughorn. "Today we shall be brewing a potion, the most powerful love potion. Can anyone tell me it's name?" Questioned the Potions Professor. Tom raised his hand, asking for permission to answer the question, which Professor Slughorn gladly granted. "Yes, Riddle, my boy?". "It's amortentia, sir" answered Tom. "Correct! Five points to Slytherin!". Tom smiled but it soon dissapeared. This potion was a waste of his time. He wouldn't smell anything anyways. What was the point of it? Tom riddle wasn't attracted to anything, and he never will. He would smell nothing in this dumb potion. Nothing attracts him, no scent ever did. "Alright, get down to it then" said Professor Slughorn.

"Abraxas, get the ingredients" ordered Riddle. "Yes, Riddle" obeyed Toms faithful follower. Tom opened his book and look at the steps to brew this love potion, seemed simple enough, certainly something he couldn't do. Abraxas had come back with all the ingredients and they started the making the potion. With Tom reading out the instructions and Abraxas doing as he says. Tom would make sure Abraxas had the right amount and stirred the right number of times and etc. And to nobody's surprise, they were the first group to be done with the potion, as usual.

"Done already boys?" Said Slughorn. "Yes, sir" answered the two Slytherin boys. He tested the potion, checked to see if they had done everything probably and it turns out the potion was perfect. "You two have outdone yourself! Well done!". The professor walks off after giving the boys five points for being early. "I wonder what I'll smell in it" Abraxas said. Tom said nothing as he watched his partner lean towards the cauldron and taking in a breath, trying to get a scent. Tom could see he got one as his eyes enlarged. "Well?" Tom said, his voice cold. He didn't need to know but he was curious. "It smelled like honey, chocolate and rosemary" Abraxas replied as his eyes slowly trace to a girl, Aviana Ares. Tom could see the look in his eyes. Abraxas would always talk about how Aviana smelled like honey and she love eating chocolates, guess that's why Abraxas is attracted to the smell, cause he's also attracted to Aviana who has those scents. She's a  Seventh year Slytherin, some girl Abraxas had fancied since goodness knows when, not like Tom would bother to keep up. As Abraxas was busy being fixated on Aviana, Tom decided to try smelling the potion. Of course he wouldn't get anything, since he wasn't attracted to anything or any scent of anyone.