One shot (Dean Thomas)

1st year
You just got off the Hogwarts express. Smiling at your surroundings, this seemed like a nice place. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was your first year and you were pretty nervous but nevertheless, excited.

You weren't looking at where you were walking cause you were too busy admiring the castle that you would soon call your second home and as a result, you bumped into someone. You look up to see a boy who looked around your age. He had dark skin and dark hair along with brown eyes. His hair was curly and he had an innocent looking face, he was pretty cute actually. Wait what? Srly Y/N you've stepped foot in hogsmeade for two minutes and you already find a guy cute, you're such a hopeless romantic sometimes.

You blushed noticing you were probably staring at the boy "I'm sorry" you mumbled not daring to look him in the eye. He chuckles and pats your head gently "It's alright, just watch where you're going". You nod at this and give him a small smile before a giant appeared in front of the small crowd of students who you were assuming, were the rest of the first years. The boy looks at you and smiles "well I'll see you later" he tells you before running off to find his friends. You smile a little, well guess you already have one friend.

The giant beckoned the group to follow him so you trailed along, making sure not to bump into anyone, again. The giant asked you to go into boats which would bring you across the lake and to the castle. Your excitement was rising by the minute. You got into the boat and almost tripped when a hand grabbed your arm. You didn't even need to turn around to see who it was, you already recognised his voice. "You really are a klutz aren't you" the boy chuckles. You blush and give him a small nod. He lets go off your arm after making sure you were stable. You sat down and once every student was in the boats. Every student was staring in awe of the castle before them. Now for the sorting hat ceremony.

•Sorting Hat Ceremony•
"Y/N L/N". You take a deep breathe, this was the moment you get sorted into your house, the house you'll be in for the next 7 years. You feel a hand rub your back gently and you see the boy give you a small smile which you return. You walk up to the front and the professor puts the hat on your head.

"My my, aren't you interesting my dear. Very bright and always topped your Muggle school, am I not right?" The sorting hat said making you nod your head and blush seeing as the whole hall was staring intently at you. "Smart and brilliant but also playful as well I see.. Ravenclaw wouldn't be exactly suit for you. I can see you are a loyal friend and stick up for yourself and friends, but you are also fierce and snappy at times so Hufflepuff is not the house. We are left with Slytherin and Gryffindor, which one, which one.... You are cunning but not as cunning as the rest of the Slytherin's. Well best be.. GRYFFINDOR"

You smiled and walk to the table that was cheering for you. You sat beside a girl with bushy hair. People around you were introducing themselves and shaking your hand. "Hi! In Hermione Granger" "Hi Hermione. I'm Y/N L/N" you two begin talking and you were so engrossed in your conversation that you didn't notice the figure who sat opposite you. When you finished your conversation with Hermione you look up to see the same boy you had bumped into and had saved you from falling off the boat. "Oh, it's you!" You said with your face glowing and smiling from ear to ear. He smiles brightly at you "Well I guess we're stuck with each other for the next 7 years" he says making you laugh. "I'm Dean by the way" he says stretching out his hand "Pleasure to meet you Dean"

3rd year
Hogwarts was better than you would have ever expected. It was brilliant! You've made loads of friends both from your house and other houses. You were on the Gryffindor quidditch team and you were doing quite well in your studies. Everything was going great. Right now you were in your Defence Against the Dark Arts class with Professor Lupin.