Six

Jennie wakes up peacefully just as the sun rises. She's kind of too warm, so she pushes the bedsheets away as a sound escapes from her throat.

Still sleepy, she sits on bed blinking rapidly, the distant sounds of footsteps outside the room informing her that Lisa is awake as well.

Jennie decides to get up immediately. The blonde has been so generous with her that she feels the needs to give something back.

So the brunette stretches her limbs in an almost cat-like manner and finally leaves the bed behind.

Just as she reaches the hall, a soft fur stroking her ankles makes her stop for a moment. She smiles down at Leo, who in exchange is purring loudly.

"Hi, cutie", Jennie greets the cat as she reaches down to pet him behind his ears, "ready to start the day?"

The feline doesn't answer, really, but keeps pushing his small head insistently against the brunette's hand, so she guesses it is some sort of answer.

Jennie rubs his back once more before heading to the kitchen.

And there she finds Lisa. Her long, light blonde hair a bit messy after some sleeping hours. She's leaning down lightly in front of the open fridge, humming a soft tune Jennie wonders if it is a lullaby.

She does that a lot, the brunette reflects.

Jennie decides not to interrupt her.

However, Lisa stops her song-midway, retrieving some products from the still open fridge and prompting the shorter girl to finally speak.

"Hi, Lisa".

The blonde doesn't seem startled by the sudden greeting, simply turning towards Jennie with a big smile.

"Hi, Jen. Did you sleep well?"

The brunette returns the gesture before nodding once.

"Yes. Thank you".

"I'm glad! You can rest for a while longer, though, breakfast is still in process."

Jennie tilts her head as she tries to peek on the ingredients Lisa chose.

"What are you preparing?", she asks.

Lisa smiles mischievously.

"It's a surprise!"

Jennie has to make use of some of her willpower so as not to pout childishly.

"Can I help you?"

"No, Jen! You'll spoil the surprise".

The way her voice raises a bit at the end almost makes Jennie give in.

Almost.

"But I want to help", Jennie states, stomping unwillingly on her way towards Lisa.

"You can help later", the blonde answers.

Jennie raises an eyebrow.

Screw human maturity, she's using her pout.

She knows it kind of works on Lisa anyway.

"Please", she asks looking at the blonde, her newly acquired tool full on display.

The tallest girl groans a bit, murmuring something Jennie can't hear.

"Alright", she concedes, "we'll be teammates!".

The sudden mood swing makes the shorter girl chuckle softly in surprise. Lisa is something else.

"What are we making, then?"