Eight

The four girls are sitting around Lisa's wooden table enjoying their non-healthy meal. The atmosphere is fairly relaxed thanks to the blonde's sunny personality and Jisoo's light jokes. Chaeyoung has done her part as well, conversing lightly about casual topics in such a way even Jennie feels at ease.

Of course, there has been a bit of lying. White lies, mostly. Typical questions about Jennie's life story that Lisa, Chaeyoung and the brunette herself discussed the day before the dinner.

I'm 23, Jennie has said, from a little town in New Zealand. The I don't really talk to my parents excuse has actually been the brunette's idea. It was a short answer and most people don't really feel like going there.

After exchanging some basic information, Jisoo has been more than content to divert towards more entertaining topics.

At the moment, they are taking a brief pause between chatter to bring some food into their mouths. Jennie is more than pleased with her sushi while the rest of the girls devour the cheesy pizzas eagerly.

"So, Jisoo", the pink blonde begins, "Lisa told me you are a great writer".

Truth to be told, Chaeyoung, being the well-mannered woman she is, asked Lisa beforehand to tell her some things about the redhead in order to make fluid conversation. The blonde rolled her eyes at the request but ended up acceding.

Chaeyoung has almost always proved to know what she was doing, after all.

"Oh, I'm not that good", Jisoo answers, a bit flustered, "I just really like writing. It's my hobby".

"Are you working on something in particular, though?"

"Not really..."

"Oh, c'mon Jisoo, don't be humble", the shortest blonde interrupts, "Jisoo is working on a romantic novel", she explains to the rest of the girls.

"It's a drama!", the redhead complains, her cheeks slightly red.

Jennie and Lisa try to hide their smiles.

"I love romantic novels. Maybe you should let me read yours some time", Chaeyoung pauses for a second, "Even if it is a drama".

Jisoo looks even more flustered than before, and Lisa has to stop the loud laughter that threatens to escape from her mouth.

"Sure", the redhead is finally able to answer, "but it won't be that good".

"I'll have to see", Chaeyoung answers with a smirk as she brings her glass of water closer to her lips.

Jennie finds the whole situation kind of cute.

They resume eating for a while until Jisoo, already less embarrassed, speaks again.

"So", she states after shallowing fast due to her sudden idea, "I've been meaning to ask you, how did you two met?" she asks, gesturing towards Chaeyoung and Lisa.

They look at each other for a second, almost startled by the question, but the pink blonde answers a few seconds after.

"We met in Bangkok".

The girl hesitates for a second before adding, "Lisa saved my life."

Jennie's eyes widen a bit at the comment and stares at the blonde clearly surprised.

Lisa smiles almost shyly as she makes a gesture of dismissal with her hand.

"Oh?" Jisoo asks, curious as well, "How was it?"

Chaeyoung reflects for a few seconds.

She needs to be careful.

"Well, a few years ago, my mother and I went on vacation. I visited the beach alone, at night." The girl pauses for a second, "I went for a swim without even thinking about safety. I don't know what happened, really. One second I was swimming calmly and just a moment later I was drowning."