Thirteen

Jennie feels a feathery touch caressing her cheek softly.

It's nice.

"Angel", a voice murmurs in her ear, slowly drifting her haze away.

The warmth moves upwards until she feels fingers running through her hair, massaging her scalp just lovely.

Her eyes hurt a bit, and there is a slight burning in her throat, but the flowery scent that lingers in the air doesn't allow her to be too much bothered.

"Princess, wake up."

Jennie opens her eyes lazily to find doe coffee eyes staring back at her.

She smiles instinctively.

"Hi", she musters, letting her own hands reach for her lover's shoulders.

Lisa grins back, endeared, as Jennie pulls her in for a hug.

Jennie breathes deeply a few more times, a heart beating steadily against hers.

"Angel, I called Chaeyoung a few hours ago".

The brunette shallows, memories flowing back quickly along with waves of guilt.

She doesn't answer, afraid of crying again.

Lisa pulls away only slightly, her pouty lips just a few inches away from Jennie's mouth.

"You don't have to, Jen. It can wait".

The brunette looks into Lisa's eyes, grateful.

"I know, but I want to do it, love".

The blonde hums and leans down to peck the brunette's lips softy.

She tries to pull away, but Jennie keeps her in place, demanding more kisses.

Lisa chuckles lovingly before conceding, her chest warm.

She's had enough time to think. She's had enough time to figure out that her feelings for Jennie are unconditional, and that despite everything, she is immensely proud of her lover's growth, up and downs and all.

She has had enough time to realize that she loves her, deeply and fervently, without restrain and without guilt, even if it is too early yet to voice her feelings out loud.

And when they are like that, their breaths synchronized, Jennie looking up at her as if she gifted her the brightest of the stars, Lisa's feelings blaze even stronger.

"When are we going?", the brunette asks in a whisper.

"Chae is waiting for us", Lisa presses a kiss against Jennie's jawline, unable to stop herself, "we can go whenever we want".

The brunette tries to shallow a meowling sound that threatens to escape from her mouth.

She's so, so lucky.

She knows she should be rushing to Chaeyoung's house, but Lisa's thumbs are caressing the sides of her waist, so her determination starts to falter.

"Mmh, love..."

The blonde stops for a moment, her nose buried in Jennie's neck.

"Yes, princess?"

The brunette breaths deeply as an attempt to find resolve.

"I really want to stay here...", she lets her nails scrape the blonde's shoulders lightly, "but I think I should tell Chaeyoung the truth now".

Lisa pulls away and pouts a bit, and the slight tilt of her head is almost enough for Jennie to throw her arms around her neck and kiss her deeply once again.