Seventeen

"So, Lisa is an angel", Jisoo murmurs.

She's lying on Chaeyoung's bed, the pink blonde's arms embracing her waist.

"Was. Will be again, someday, hopefully".

Jisoo runs her fingers through the younger girl's hair lovingly.

"She said she was a Guardian".

"Yes. Her job was to protect humans".

Chaeyoung listens to Jisoo's heartbeat, her head placed comfortably on top of the shorter girl's chest.

It's calming.

The redhead produces a noise of understanding.

"But Jennie is not. She told us she was a Virtue".

"Yes. She belongs to a higher sphere. They can do stuff on Earth...good or bad".

"I see."

Jisoo inhales subtly to enjoy Chaeyoung's scent.

She has been enraptured by it since the moment she met her.

"But why didn't Lisa tell Jennie that she was an angel as well?"

The pink blonde hums, contemplating.

"Lisa told me she didn't want Jennie to feel hopeless because of the time she has spent on Earth. She thought Jen would feel as if there was no way out, as she did herself when she landed on Earth years and years ago. Lisa always says that her desolation was the reason why she turned...bad for a while".

"Lisa was bad?"

"Kind of mean, I guess", Chaeyoung chuckles a bit, "She was mad at angels because they threw her here and at humans because nobody seemed helpful. So yeah, she had no one to trust".

"So when she saw Jennie, she decided to protect her".

"Yeah. Lisa is like that".

Jisoo hums again.

Chaeyoung likes how the subtle vibration feels against her cheek.

"And then?"

"And then what, babe?" the pink blonde asks.

She closes her eyes for a second.

"Why didn't Lisa tell her the truth when her wings started to grow back? I mean, she was a little more hopeful by then, right?"

Chaeyoung raises her head to look at her girlfriend in the eyes.

"How do you think Jennie got his wings back, baby?"

Jisoo seems a bit surprised.

"You told me angels got energy from humans".

"And?"

"And from other angels..."

The redhead's eyes widen a bit.

Does that mean...

"Lisa gave Jennie the energy she had been accumulating for years. All in two months".

Jisoo stays silent.

"That's why she started to get sick more often and she kept losing weight. She was giving away her ethereal essence. It wasn't like in heaven, where she got her wings ripped off. This time, they were falling".

"Did you see it?" Jisoo asks softy.

Chaeyoung breathes deeply.

"Yes. It was heartbreaking. She was almost ready, golden, marvelous, and suddenly...there where dry feathers everywhere".