Chapter 6.2 | G'night

Blyke's Room

John PoV

"Who are you and what have you done with the real John?", Blyke inquired.

" Excuse me, what the fu*k.", I raised an eyebrow.

"Then what have you been smoking?", he scratched his chin curiously," Cuz I could use some of that."

My jaw dropped. What?!

"Blyke. I am sober.", I slowed my speech, emphasising the 'sober' part.

Rubbing the tips of his fingers on his temples, he stumbled back. "Wait. I need to sit down." Blyke said while dropping onto the messed-up bed behind him, "So you're telling me that you are honestly sorry about what you did."

"Yes." I nodded with slight enthusiasm.

"And you're completely conscious, you haven't suffered any further... head injuries?", he knitted his brows as he placed his fingers together in a 'thoughtful' manner.

" No, I'm fine.", I said blankly in response.

"Interesting. Are you sure-"

"Blyke!", I barked, composing myself soon after,"I understand that it's hard to believe, but I'm genuinely sorry. I just want you to know I feel really bad about what I did." I looked down to the floor, falling silent.

I felt Blyke's hand on my shoulder, I glanced up at him while he said, "Alright, John, I believe you.", he gave me a small smile.

I sat up and returned the kind gesture, feeling grateful for my roommate's understanding. He retreated towards them door and asked, " So, is that everything you wanted to talk about? ", as he reached for the handle.

" Wait, there's still something else. "

The boy sighed and turned to face me again, "Well, shoot.", he gestured for me to go on.

" I wanted to ask you about... well...girls.", I mumbled nervously.

Blyke's expression relaxed and a withheld smile crept onto his face.

"What are you smiling about?!", I questioned, uncomfortable.

He shrugged and said," I'm just surprised Romeo is having trouble with his Juliette."

"Shut up." I threatened. But noticing the slight tension in Blyke after my response, I shifted to a calmer composure. "You see, I really screwed up. Like seriously, fu*ked up big time."

Blyke raised his eyebrows curiously as I continued, "I just found out, Sera has been bottling up all of her frustration about me. Honestly I had no idea she had any! I've been so ignorant and I don't know how to fix it.", I looked up at him expectantly.

" Hold on, you like-like her, right?", he asked and I nodded hesitantly. He continued, "Well, Seraphina seemed most hurt by your lies so maybe you could try being honest about how you see her-"

"NOPE...bad idea! I already tried that, it literally backfired.", I shook off the memories of Sera's glares and menacing...almost kiss.

" Karma is a bit*h."

Sure is.

"Huh?!", Blyke's jaw dropped, " What do you mean you tried that?! You told her already! ", he asked excitedly.

" Well, I told her and asked her out but...", I signed lowly, "S-she took it really badly. Now, I don't know how to tackle the problem. Cuz the way I see it, I can either leave her alone and give her space or keep bothering her with apologies.", I put my hands out in front of me and teetered them like a balance, " Neither seems like a particularly good solution. "

Blyke stroked his chin as he thought. He thought for a while. Then finally said, "True both ideas have a good few drawbacks... did she mention and issues in particular while she vented?"

"Hmmm, well she seemed fixated on how I didn't keep my word about changing." , I scratched my neck glumly, " Which is understandable. "

With a clap of his hands, Blyke exclaimed, " Why didn't you say so?! The solution is simple! " he continued, " Just change." The redhead had a look on his face that could suggest he had just discovered gravity.

"Oh wOw. ThAnKs FoR eNlIgHtEnInG Me.", I rolled my eyes.

"Hey I'm serious. Just do something that would make your change so obvious she wouldn't be able to deny it!"

"But what would that be?", I asked

" um... I don't know dude, maybe it'll come to you in a dream or something.", he opened the door, signalling for me to leave.

Getting up from the chair, I thanked Blyke for his help and left. Once I stepped through the frame I said, "Good-", the door slammed, "-night."

"Ass.", I breathed while walking across the narrow hallway and into my room. Although, I really did appreciate Blyke's help.

I'll think of something. I'm not giving up yet, Sera.

Hey guys! I hope everyone likes this earlier update! Merry Christmas to you all!

Till next time <3