Chapter 12.2 | Ideas

Isen's Dorm

Blyke's PoV

"Aww, man" Isen whined, "Seraphina really gave us a piece of her mind, didn't she?!" He rubbed his back, wincing at the contact.

"Yeah..." I sat on the bed, cradling my arm, I frowned, "It's not my fault I walked in on them. They were in the kitchen!" I huffed, annoyed, "I was well within my rights."

Rasing an eyebrow, Isen said, "You realise that the problem was you screaming about it in the hall, right?"

"I saw my roommate about to go down on a girl on the counter." I exclaimed,  "The same counter that I make sandwiches on!!! I was STILL well within my rights!!!"

"Yeah, ok, bro. Whatever you say." He signed, walking over to his laptop. "Do you think we should look up potential targets? Since we've got time."

I nodded, "Seems like a good idea."

As he sat down, I peeked at Isen's laptop, while he looked up recent criminals.

"Wow." I stated, "I can't believe we're going to do this again."

"I know." He said, not looking away from his tabs, "It's scary, isn't it? You remember last time."

The memory of Remi almost dying at the hands of Vulcan flashed in my mind, making me gulp. "Of course." I said, "But now, we have John and Seraphina. If we all work together, it can't come to that again. It's not possible."

"Yo, picture this," Isen exclaimed, "Remi shooting her lighting, Seraphina knocking out opponents left and right and John combining their abilities and being the  local power house."

"Woah... " I said, in awe of the idea. But a part of me wished I could match their league. Remi's at least, John and Seraphina are a tiny bit out of reach.

Besides, I liked the thought of being able to protect my queen. It was a glorious dream. But currently, I would just slow them down. My only useful role was to snipe from a distance. Away from the action, the danger. Pathetic.

"Ooh, this guy looks promising!", Isen pointed to an image on the screen. It was a report about a grern haired man called Preston Ipencroft.

Looking at his name, I said, "He sounds posh as hell."

"Well, he is an Elite tier."

"Bro, you crazy?!!" I said, "If this guy used those ability boosters, he could easily be a high tier right now! Isn't that a bit much?"

Isen scoffed, offended, "With a squad like ours, we have nothing to fear. Trust me."

Although I preffered to keep a healthy dose of doubt, I dropped the matter. Instead, asking, "So what did he do? What's his ability?"

"It says his ability is called Illusion and that he hijacked a bank in an Elite district. Also, that he's blackmailing the citizens of the area, through threatening them with draining their accounts or leaking personal information."

"That's impressive, for a guy with a mental ability. He has to be pretty clever to do that." I said

Nodding, Isen clicked the share button and sent a link to the squad.

"When did you get John's contact?!" I asked

"Pfft, I dug up his entire past and you're still surprised I found his contract info?" Isen said smugly, "I'm no amateur."

"It's still creepy as fu*k, man."

Elaine PoV

Finally getting ready for bed, I sighed, glad that this long day was finally over. But, I was worried that Seraphina wasn't back yet and she wasn't answering any of my calls!

Deciding to try again, I dialed her number. After a couple of seconds, she picked up.

"WHAT IS IT!!??" she yelled, "WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU NEEDED TO CALL RIGHT NOW??!!"

I must have caught her at a bad time, "S-sorry, Seraphina, but where are you? I'm worried sick!"

"I'm at John's."

"At this hour?!" I called, "What are you doing?"

I could hear John in the background. It was muffled but he said, "Put the phone down, Serrraaa. Come on!"

Seraphina told him that it would only be a minute and she returned back to me, "Yeah, we're very busy.. working hard....all that jazz. We'd prefer to get back to work, if you don't mind. So-"

"WAIT, will you be back today?!" I asked

"Errr- I don't know, will I be back today?" She replied

And John piped up, "Ouch. You offend me."

"No, I'm staying the night over here." She finally said to me.

"Are you sure? Are you all set?" I asked,  "Do you need be to bring anything up to you-"

"Goodbye, Elaine." And she hung up.

I sighed, placing the phone down. Shaking my head, I thought about my roommate. It was a shame she befriended John, he was definitely a bad influence on her.

After that, I walked around the dorm, switching off the lights. Eventually, I made it into my bedroom and quickly glanced at the pretty view outside my window, before I hit the hay.

However, something caught my attention. Or should I say someone. Squinting,  I could make out a human figure standing on a rooftop of a building which neighboured the campus. They seemed to be facing towards the boys' dorms.

Startled and confused, I wanted to snap a photo, so I could pass it onto Arlo. I realised I left my phone in the living room, so I ran to get it. But once I came back, the figures was gone, disappearing into the night.

 But once I came back, the figures was gone, disappearing into the night