Chapter 10.2| Argument's Sake

Room 14

John PoV

History...Why is it always history?!

Leaning on my desk, I lazily rested my head on my crossed arms. I began to zone out, which was neither anything new or something that bothered me.

"I think we should talk about it."

"Yeah. That's probably a good idea."

ThAt'S pRoBaBlY a GoOd IdEa. I mocked myself. When a girl asks to 'talk about it' it's never a good sign. I was probably too forward.

Our make-out sesh was probably just a heat-of-the-moment thing. We did just escape the authorities, it was pretty hot. Maybe it was just the adrenaline! I sighed. I hope it wasn't.

That would be sad...

Sitting there, ignoring the teacher's droning about the something-war, I wondered about what Sera could possibly want to say, trying to prepare myself for all possibilities. She didn't seem mad or sad so maybe it's not that bad. Ha that rhymed. I snorted quietly. I'm such a child.

Regardless, I was glad that I invited Remi over after school, that might give me something else to focus on if it all goes to hell at lunch.

Besides, I thought Remi should know about the connection between EMBER and the authorities. Just as a precaution.

I can't believe Sera suggested that we become a vigilante team! That was an insane idea, especially given that we barely escaped the facility two days ago. Barely.

It sounded stupid. But also, right. I had always admired the hero from 'Unordinary', I wanted to be like him. This was my chance. But it was, almost certainly, suicide!

Our main threat is extremely powerful, they could wipe us out in a flash!

Unless what she said about Remi coming with us could work...

In theory, we would be harder to handle for them if there were more of us, not to mention that me being able to use Lighting and Time Manipulation would give us a strong head start in any attack or defence. Both close and long range.

The longer I considered that possibility,  the more sense it made.

However, I remembered that the authorities had access to guns which give them a lethal advantage. But they don't seem to use them on superheros. I reasoned. The reporters always talk about burns and stab wounds, never shots.