Chapter 7.3 | Change

Wellston Private Highschool, girls' dormitories 7:24pm

Elaine PoV

We ducked into the building and hid behind the wall, next to the door. He pressed me against the cold tiles and kissed me. Blushing hard, I kissed back but after a blissful few seconds I needed a breather.

I tried to pull away but he just leaned further forward. Softly stroking his cheek, I stiffened noticeably and began to mumble, "We should probably-" but was cut off by his hungry lips interlocking with mine.

I began to giggle, "Arlo, stop-" the boy was unfazed and continued on.

"No, seriously,'' I grinned, gently placing my index finger on his dripping, bottom lip. Arlo opened his eyes. Their mesmerising azure fogged over with desperation.

" You know, for someone who's always saying 'if this goes public it could ruin our reputations' you seem to be neglecting your craft. ", I teased, fiddling with his bouncy, blond locks. I was beaming with joy. To know that Arlo was so into me that even he forgot order and rules made my heart beat faster.

But, Arlo dropped his gaze and sighed. He straightened his posture and cleared his throat. Towering over me now, he whispered, "You're right." and muttered something under his breath.

"What's wrong? I was just teasing, you know.", I said, while reaching up ad adjusting his roughed-up collar. But, he wouldn't meet my gaze, he just looked as if he felt tense or... ashamed. "Oh." I breathed, slowly coming to the realisation that I tried to suppress ever since the beginning of our relationship.

I removed my hands from his shirt and, awkwardly, scratched at the skin near my nails instead. I stared down at my shoes, not wanting to look him in the eye when I said, "You really are embarrassed to be seen with me, aren't you?", I said, trying to withhold my upcoming stream of tears.

I'm doing the best I can. But I'll never be good enough, I'm simply too weak.

To my surprise, I felt Arlo wrap his arms around my petite figure. He held me in an embrace for a while, until I felt him shake a bit. Confused, I asked, "Arlo, is everything alright?". No answer. I tried to pull away, but his grip was tight around me. "Arlo?!", I questioned again but more urgently.

This time, he answered, "I love you."

"What?", I breathed, stunned.

"I said, I love you, Elaine."

The tears finally escaped as I sobbed, "You can't just say stuff like that! It actually means something to me!"

Arlo, pulling away from the hug, gently caressed my cheek instead. I wrapped my hand around his, holding it there. Why does it have to feel so good but hurt so bad?

"Elaine, it means something to me too.", he smiled reassuringly, "Don't cry, please."

"Then why do you insist on keeping us a secret!", I said a little more aggressively than intended.

"That's the point.", He took a deep breath, "I realised, I don't want to do that. I don't want to keep us a secret anymore.", I grabbed my hands and lovingly kissed them, "I realised that I am willing to let go of common expectations, for you. That I am willing to forget the hierarchy for you. That I care more about you than anything or anyone else. And that scares me." he looked me in the eyes and bumped my forehead with his own, "But most importantly, I realised that I was a fool for ever wanting to hide you away to 'save' my reputation.", he whispered, "I want to change that."

I grinned, overjoyed, and leaped into his arms again, hanging on his neck. I kissed him, my heart on fire with passion. Although he was startled at first, but he was back in action soon enough. He quickly dominated me, my mouth especially. I was by all means willing to give in.

However, a new idea popped into my head. Yet again, I had to break our kiss and suggested, "Do you want to go up to my dorm?"

Arlo got a few shades redder as he nervously asked, "J-just us? What about S-seraphina?"

I dismissed his concern, "She's probably out with John somewhere."

Arlo eyed me hesitantly, clearly debating his next decision.

"Well, if that's the case.", he nodded, " Sure.", he smiled shyly. This is weird. Arlo being shy and all.

Taking his hand, I guided him up the stairs to the second floor. Seductively glancing at him every so often. I had no idea what was going to happen once we would reach the dorm. Well, I had some ideas, but none that seemed...ugh...appropriate.

Maybe I'll just pour us a glass of orange juice and take out the granolas instead.

We reached the door. I paused and turned to him, "You ready?"

He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "Always."

Stretching on to my tippy-toes, I pecked his cheek sweetly, and turned the door handle, slowly creaking it opened. As I did so, my boyfriend attached himself to my face again.

Welp. I guess we're skipping the granola.

We tumbled into the living room. He began to kiss my neck forcing me to bite back a moan. It was getting really hot between us, like a new static or electricity-

"You two are keepin' it real, aren't ya?" said my roommate that is in fact home, Seraphina.

Damn it.