Chapter 9 : Coffee

The alarm clock woke Max up. Jane didn't scream this night, meaning she didn't sleep at all. She straightened in the bed and looked on the floor where Jane had spent the night.

- "How are you?" yawned the redhead.

- "I don't know..." answered Jane looking at the ceiling.

- "You didn't sleep?"

- "No."

- "If you're too tired, I can tell Joyce you're not feeling okay, she will understand."

- "I'm fine."

- "Okay, good. You wanna eat?"

- "I'm not hungry."

- "Well, I'm starving, I'm gonna ask for a breakfast in the room."

- "Okay."

Max grabbed the phone and asked for two breakfasts. She wanted Jane to eat a bit, she didn't remember seeing her eat something the day before.

- "You don't wanna come up there?" proposed Max.

- "I'm good here," mumbled Jane.

- "It's comfy you know, and there is enough space for you, far from me."

Jane clenched her jaw and closed her fists. She knew Max by heart, and she knew she wouldn't stop until she came up. So she did, making smile Max, and annoying more Jane.

- "I can see in your expression how happy you are to be in bed with me," told ironically the redhead.

Jane shrugged of annoyance.

- "Well, at least I spend some time with you, even if you're upset, it's still that for me, and it means a lot."

- "Yeah, yeah, whatever!"

- "I love you."

- "I know."

Someone knocked at the door, and Max got up to open it. She thanked the man and gave him a bill, before taking the tray with the two breakfasts on it and laying again next to Jane.

- "Here, this is for you," smiled Max, moving the second breakfast in her girlfriend's direction.

- "I told you I wasn't hungry!" got irritated Jane.

- "I know, but you didn't eat yesterday, and I'll insist anyway so, let's win some time, and bite this toast."

- "No."

- "You're such a child!"

- "I'm not hungry!"

- "Just fucking eat! I'm not asking you to fly! Just to eat a bit! Is it hard!?" got angry Max.

The two girls stared angrily at each other, waiting for the other to give up. It was Jane who broke the look, which surprised Max. The brunette took the piece of toast with cherry jam and ate it a bit.

- "More," ordered the redhead.

- "You're kidding!?"

- "Do I look like I'm kidding!?"

Jane sighed with her nose and ate the entire piece of toast.

- "Thank you. I don't do this to bother you, you know, I just want you to stay alive, but sometime, I wonder if you want it too. We'll go to this weeks in paradise to clear your fucking mind!"

- "What!?" frowned Jane. "What is it again!?"

- "Troy talked to me about a place with professionals who take care of PTSD, thing that you have, even if you deny it! We'll go! Because there are people worrying and caring about you!"