Chapter 42 : Fight

When Max opened her eyes, Jane wasn't there. She grumbled, not really wanting to go back to work. She wandered in her corridor and heard someone talk in the living-room. She frowned and slowly opened the door to see Jane with Cat in her arms while she was putting her finger on his nose.

- "You don't like when I do that, right? Oh no, you don't like it at all," said the girl with a gaga voice and a small chuckle.

- "You're up early!"

Jane had a start, enabling the cat to run away.

- "I went running."

- "I see," smiled the redhead.

- "Wanna hug?"

- "Not before you take a shower."

- "Yes, before I take a shower!"

- "No, Jane, don't do that! (Jane approaches with her arms open) Stop that, now! (Jane wraps her arms around her) Jane! I hate you!" chuckled Max.

- "I smell, huh?"

- "Yeah, but you don't smell bad."

- "Really!?"

- "Yeah, I love your smell, but I don't like being all sweaty whereas I didn't run!"

- "Fair enough."

Jane broke the hug to let her girlfriend breath and kissed her, before running after her cat in the corridor. Max playfully shook her head and went in the kitchen to prepare the breakfast. Jane came back wearing her outfit and sat in front of Max. The redhead looked at her pretty girlfriend eating her toast with a serious expression and played with her fingers. Someone knocked at the door.

- "It's open!" yelled Jane.

The person tried to open the door with no success.

- "No, it's not!"

Jane pouted to Max before standing and opening the door.

- "Sorry, I certainly closed it when I came back from running."

- "It's fine," smiled Moussa.

The black man entered and saw Max on his left.

- "Hey Max."

- "Hey Mouss' Mouss', how are you?"

- "I'm good. I heard you see Bev today, that's nice!"

- "Yeah, I finish early, we'll spend the end of the afternoon together, I can't wait!"

- "Yeah, that's great, she was excited!"

- "Yeah? I'm stressing a bit," pouted Max.

- "Don't, it will be fine," smiled Moussa.

The redhead nodded. Jane took her stuff, kissed her girlfriend, and followed Moussa outside for a new day at work. But, when they arrived, they had a bad surprise.

- "Hey Daniel, you want me to open another file about you for harassment?" told Jane with a calm tone.

- "The colonel is furious, you're in a deep shit, I tell you!"

- "I don't think he needs you to tell me this!"

- "BROWN!" yelled their lieutenant.

- "I think you'll hear it by yourself," gloated Daniel.

Jane clenched her jaw and killed him with her eyes. She tried to not fade and walked in front of him with her chin up, ready to face the consequences. She barely opened the door that she could already feel the four furious eyes on her.