I Want To Be That Guy

I want to be that guy.

That guy who drives you around anywhere you would want to be.

That guy who would be the first place to come back to when your tears are on the edge of streaming out.

That guy who greets you with a black coffee with only an ounce of milk because he remembers how you love it to be.

That guy who would be fine to act crazy with cracking some lame jokes just to see the crinkles in your eyes when you smile.

That guy who always—and I repeat, always—brings an extra jacket just in case he sees you shivering a little bit.

That guy who finds out about the books you love and the books you hate because he simply wants to know not only you but every little thing about you.

That guy who tries his best to create a warm atmosphere every time he sees a frown etched to your beautiful face.

That guy who would write and write about you even when he has no idea about metaphors or rhymes or poetries.

That guy whose breathe is quickened in every heartbeat he stares deeply into your eyes.

That guy who carves your name inside his vein and would do it again and again and again beneath his bleeding fingers.

That guy who would call himself home for you to return back to.

That guy who is willing to be your everythingexcept your past.

That guy who is meant to be yours and yours only.

I want to be that guy.

I want to be your guy.

—g.c
[ as a respect to 'i want to be your girl' ]