Chapter 1

Author's note : Before going to the story, i would like to remind you that this is one of my earliest work. You might find spelling and grammar error, some auto-correct, and even illogical scene/storyline (if there's any...i think there is) therefore i would like to apologize beforehand. i'm sorry ><

"I can't believe you left so early, appa. I promise you that I will look after omma. I will study hard and help our family.

Appa, thank you so much for everything you did for me. Thank you for your love, for the education you gave and for what I have today.

Wait for us, appa. We will meet again when it's time.

Though you're not here with us today, you will forever be our heart.

See you again.

Love, your daughter."

Jiyoung closed her diary. A soft sigh escaped her mouth.

Someone sat on the empty seat next to her.

"Are you reading that again?" the person asked her. Jiyoung looked up at the person. "What can I do, Chungha? I miss him."

The girl named Chungha gently patted Jiyoung's back. "You're a strong girl, Jiyoung. I know you can go through this."

"It's been three years, Chungha and I can't forget him." Jiyoung said. "Why do you need to forget him, Jiyoung? That's your father. You should never forget him. But you need to let your heart know. He's waiting for you up there." Chungha told her.

Jiyoung sighed. "I should learn that." "That's good. Now here's your lunch." Chungha passed a crossaint with vanilla filling. "I noticed you're not in the cafeteria early. So a got this for you." Chungha smiled.

Jiyoung took it with a smile, "Thanks, Chungha. What do I do without you?" "I know." Chungha smiled back.

"Oh? Who's that handsome guy? You? Yeah, it's you." Someone talked to his reflection in the mirror.

"Yah! Hurry up, will you? Class's starting soon." Another guy said besides him. "Wait for a minute, Taehyung." Park Jimin pouted. Taehyung shook his head. He took some of Jimin's book, shoved them to him and slammed close the locker. "A minute for you is like 10 minutes. Now let's go to class. It's biology after this." Taehyung rushed.

"Geez! I know you're going to take over your father's place but this is too much." Jimin rolled his eyes. "I don't want to but you know my dad. I won't get any pocket money unless I work for him." Taehyung said. Jimin shook his head, "Let's go buddy."

The two of the walked into the class.

Jimin saw someone. He nudged Taehyung, "Yah! Your rival is here!" he said. Taehyung looked at where Jimin pointed. He gritted his teeth, "Bae Jiyoung." He whispered as he looked at Jiyoung who's been talking to Chungha.

Jiyoung and Taehyung were the top 2 students in the class. It's either Jiyoung or Taehyung will snatch the first place in class.

Taehyung and Jimin went to their seats which is behind Jiyoung and Chungha. Taehyung kept his eyes on Jiyoung, glaring from behind.

-------------- ------------ ------------------

Jiyoung and Chungha walked into a café with a signboard 'Coffee Paradise'. The café located not in the middle of the city. It was at the end of the neighbourhood, quite close to their school. Despite being well-decorated in English style, there aren't really many customers.

"Taedong oppa." Chungha called. A man who's standing behind the cash register machine turned to her. A smiled plastered on his face, "Chungha, my Chihuahua."

Chungha crossed her hands, "You're calling me a dog?" "Chihuahua is cute, like you." Taedong smiled. Chungha shook her head. "So what can I get for both of you?" Tadeong prepared to take order. "The usual one." Chungha said. "Erm, can I have that soft cookie?" Jiyoung asked. Taedong nodded. "Please wait for a moment." Taedong went to the rack to grab the cookie.

"Oppa, your manager is not in here today?" Chungha asked. Taedong shook his head, "He went out to meet some friend but he said he'll return in the evening. Why?" he asked her. "Nothing." She answered back.

"Okay, ladies. Your orders." He handed two cups of cold drink to Chungha and a soft cookie to Jiyoung. After paid for everything they walked out from the café.

"Going home?" Chungha asked. "I'm going to drop by at omma's shop." Jiyoung answered. "You don't mind if I come along right?" Chungha asked and Jiyoung shook her head. "Omma would love to see you."

After a 5 minute walks from the café, they arrived at a shop-lot. They entered one of them with signboard that said 'Aera's Bouquet'.

TING!

The bell sounded when they opened the door.

"Welcome." A woman greeted them. "Oh, sweetheart." She went to hug Jiyoung. She then hugged Chungha. "How's school?" she asked them. "Good." Chungha smiled. "How's your day, omma?" Jiyoung asked her mother, Jung Aera.

"Quite busy. This morning I received order for 10 bouquet of tulips." Aera answered. "Wow! That's a lot." Chungha's mouth widened. "I know. I don't know if I can finish everything before the end of this week." Aera was worried. "It's okay, omma. I'll help." Jiyoung smiled.

That night, Jiyoung and her mother were invited for dinner at Chungha's place which is across their house on 9th floor of the condominium.

Taedong and Chungha helped their mother, Kim Bokhee to set the table. Jiyoung looked at the photo frames that were on the display cabinet. She took a close looked at a picture of two men. Each one held a big fish.

"It's already three years right?" someone asked. Jiyoung quickly turned around. It was Bokhee. Jiyoung nodded. "They were bestfriend. I was worried when he left the house with your father that morning. He's the one who told me not to worry since they only go for fishing like usual. I never knew it's their last fishing trip." Bokhee recalled the memories of his late husband with Jiyoung's father.

"It's must be hard for you, Jiyoung." Bokhee said to her. She shook her head, "I was doing fine but I can hardly move on. But I don't know about omma. She seems okay but I know she's struggling to feed me." Jiyoung told her. "Aera is a strong woman and I'm sure you know that too." Bokhee said and Jiyoung nodded with a small smile.

Bokhee pulled Jiyoung into a comfortable hug. "Ah jiyoung-ah. I look at you as my own child. You and Chungha shared too much in common. You need to be strong always, Jiyoung. Study hard and help your mother." she said. Jiyoung smiled, "That's exactly what I'm going to do, imo."

"Dinner's ready!" Chungha called for everyone. Bokhee looked down at Jiyoung. "Let's eat." Jiyoung smiled.