Chapter 19

Both of them rode a bus to go home. Taehyung and Jiyoung sat next to each other. She looked at their intertwined hand before she looked at him.

Taehyung felt her stare so he slowly turned to her. "What is it?" he asked. Jiyoung looked at their hands and his gazes landed on where she was looking.

"Is something wrong with this?" he asked her. She looked at him, "Why? You hate me before. Why now-"

Taehyung quickly put his finger on her lips to shut her. "I did hate you before. I don't know when it started but I really like you now."

"Kim Taehyung, I don't know how sincere you are right now, but if you do this because of a bet with your friends, it would be better if you stop hurting my feeling like this." Jiyoung said while looking at him.

Taehyung shook his head, "I really mean what I said to you. I want to have a new start with you." He took her hand and kissed it. Her face blushed in red again.

"You know, you have a fair skin. It really shows if you blush honey." Taehyung said. Jiyoung quickly looked away as she touched her cheek. "Damn it." she said slowly but enough for him to her.

Taehyung giggled, "You're cute." He gently stroke her head. "Stop it. We're in public." Jiyoung warned him.

"I would do more if we're not in public, honey." Taehyung said. "Don't call me that." Jiyoung told him. "What should I call you then? My love? Jagiya? My wifey?" Taehyung looked at her.

"Jiyoung is enough." She answered. "But I want a special nickname for you." Taehyung smiled at her. "Whatever." Jiyoung looked out the window.

Jiyoung was in the kitchen, waiting for the kimchi stew. Her eyes were glued on Taehyung who's been watching her from the moment she start cooking.

"No, really, tell me. Do you need anything?" she asked him. He nodded. "What is it? I can make it for you." Jiyoung said before she took out another pot.

"I want you."

Taehyung's word made her stopped for a moment. "That's not funny." She said. "No it's not because I'm deadly serious right now." Taehyung said.

"The food's ready. Help me with the table." Jiyoung ignored his words earlier and started prepare the meal for both of them. Taehyung gave up and got up to help her in the kitchen.

After dinner, Taehyung watched the TV alone while Jiyoung was in her room. She then came out with a troubled look on her face. "Are you going for a shower?" she suddenly asked him.

He turned to her in surprise. "After this. Why? Want to join me?" he asked with a sly smile on his face. "In your dream! The hot water in my room didn't work. Can you take a look at it?" Jiyoung asked.

Taehyung left the couch and followed her into her room. He checked the shower and it's true that the hot water didn't work.

"I'll call someone to fix this. You can shower in my room for the time being." Taehyung said to her. "Thanks." Jiyoung took the towel with her. "I'm going to take shower first."

"I'm coming with you." Taehyung smiled.

"You stay out. Don't come in until I finish." She warned him. He only replied with a smile. "That's my room, sweet heart. I can do what I want."

Jiyoung just narrowed her eyes at him before she went into his room and locked the door.

"Jiyoung, you're okay?" Aera asked her only child. Jiyoung nodded eagerly. "Why omma?" "Nothing. So how's thing with Taehyung? Good?" she asked. Jiyoung took the plate out. "It's getting better." She answered Aera's question.

Aera raised an eyebrow, "Oh really? No fighting over stupid things? No shouting?" she asked.

"Less of that now." Jiyoung said. Aera sighed in relief. "Good to hear that." "Come on, omma. We're not that bad right?" Jiyoung looked at her. "No but I was just asking." Aera said to her.

"Don't worry omma. Everything's okay now." A voice interrupted.

Both females turned around. "Kim Taehyung." The name escaped from Jiyoung's lips.

"Let me help with that." He nestled Jiyoung and took the plates from her and brought them to the dinner table.

Aera looked at Jiyoung. "He always help you in the kitchen?" "No." Jiyoung scoffed. "But nowadays he likes to stare at me while I'm cooking. If his eyes could shot lasers, I could've been dead now omma." She shook her head before she grabbed the utensil and brought them to the dinner table.

Aera just smiled when she heard Jiyoung's answered.

The three of them had dinner together while chatted about few things. Aera asked a lot about their life.

Done with their meals, Jiyoung volunteered herself to do the dishes. Taehyung was looking around the house. He was looking at the rack where their placed all the photo frames. Taehyung took a frame. In that picture, he could only recognised Aera.

"That was Jiyoung when she was 10." Aera came over and told Taehyung. He turned in surprise. Aera smiled at him, "She's cute isn't she?" she asked and Taehyung nodded. "Who is this guy?" Taehyung asked as he pointed at the guy standing on the left side of Jiyoung. "That was my husband. He died 3 years ago." Aera smiled sadly.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." Taehyung's eyes were glued on the man's picture.

"Jiyoung and Chungha had it rough last three years. Chungha accepted that her father died a week after the accident but Jiyoung is not like that. She's the only child so she took a long time to accept the reality. During that time, Chungha was always with her despite that she didn't want to talk to anyone." Aera told Taehyung. "You are her husband now and I know she won't tell you any of these. She don't want to look weak in front of you, in front of anyone else, not even me. She always smile even though I knew she had a bad day." Aera added.

"Omma." Jiyoung suddenly walked out from the kitchen. Two heads turned to her. "Yes honey?' Aera looked at her.

"Why do we have this?" Jiyoung showed a container of strawberry. "Neither one of us like this." Jiyoung added. Aera smiled, "That was for Chungha." Aera told her. "I should bring this to her then." Jiyoung was about to leave the house but Aera stopped her, "Let me do it honey." She went to Jiyoung and took the container from her.

"Ask you husband if he need anything." Aera whispered to her daughter. Jiyoung scoffed, "He wouldn't need anything. Just let him be." Jiyoung answered.

Aera lightly pinched her stomach. Jiyoung winched in surprise. "That's your husband. Treat him with care." Aera reminded her. "Y-yes, omma." Jiyoung rubbed her tummy. With that, Aera went to her neighbour's house.

Jiyoung sighed before she went to Taehyung. "Do you need anything? A drink?" she asked him. Taehyung looked at her silently.

"She don't want to look weak in front of you, in front of anyone else, not even me. She always smile even though I knew she had a bad day."

"Yah!" Jiyoung called him. He snapped out from his daydream. "S-Sorry. What is it?" he asked her. She sighed again, "Do you need anything?"

Taehyung smiled softly at her, "Can I have a glass of warm water?"

Jiyoung stared at him.

"What?" Taehyung looked at her.

"You've been acting weird. Everything's okay right?" she asked. Taehyung nodded.

"Okay, wait here." Jiyoung then disappeared into the kitchen.