Chapter 7

It was Friday and Jiyoung checked her reflection on the mirror. She was wearing knee-length navy blue dress with black belt around her waist. She let her dark-brown hair loose and wear a matching headpiece. She put on her satin ankle-strap sandals which she also got as present from her father.

Since her mother said that their dinner will be at a high-class restaurant, she asked Jiyoung to look presentable.

"Ready?" Aera asked. She looked stunning in her white-long dress with red roses printed around the neck and the sleeve. Jiyoung nodded. They went to the basement level went for their car which was used by her father before.

They finally arrived at the restaurant. Jiyoung gaped at how classy it looks from the outside. *she is really rich.* she thought.

"Hi, I'm here for someone with reservation name Kim Dongman." Aera told the worker. "They're waiting for you." The worker led Jiyoung and her mother to the table.

From a distance they saw Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim

"Annyeonghaseyo." Aera greeted first. Mrs. Kim looked up and smiled widely. "You're here." Her eyes wondered to Jiyoung. "Oh my! You look so beautiful. Please have a sit."

Jiyoung and her mother took the seat. "Any traffic congestion?" Mr. Kim asked. "There is but it's no big deal. It's normal for weekdays like this." Aera answered with smiled.

Jiyoung noticed and empty seat next to Mrs. Kim. She couldn't help but ask, "Is there anyone else joining us?" Mrs. Kim was puzzle but then she noticed when Jiyoung was looking, she understood. "Ah, yes. It was my son. He was here a moment ago. Where did he go honey?" Mrs. Kim asked. "Restroom." Mr. Kim answered simply before he called for the waiter. "We should get something to eat. I'm sure we all are hungry eh?" he chuckled.

"Get what you want. Don't worry, it's our treat." Mrs. Kim said. "Thank you." Aera bowed with a grateful smile.

After getting the orders done, Mr. Kim dismissed the waiter and asked him to come back when his son return.

"I'm grateful that you invited us for dinner but Mrs. Kim do you have anything to discuss with me? If it's about the price for your order we can discuss it at shop later on." Aera suddenly asked. It's true. Even Jiyoung was wondering the same thing. Why would trouble yourselves to treat someone who's new to you with something expensive?

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim uneasily exchanges glances. "Actually, Aera ssi. We have really important thing to discuss with you." Mrs. Kim said.

"I'm listening." Aera nodded.

Mr. Kim fixed his sitting position, "I know we are still new to each other. We just met a few times. I know this might sound crazy but..."

Aera nervously waiting for him to finish his words.

"I want your daughter to marry my son."

"What?!" both Aera and Jiyoung were surprise. "I'm sorry but did I hear it right? You want my daughter to marry your son?" Aera asked. Mrs. Kim nodded, "It was my husband's suggestion for my son. He wants my son to take over his place but that young boy don't really want to be a doctor. So we suggest him to get marry."

"Getting marry won't solve it and why does it has to be me? There are thousands of girl out there that you can choose." Jiyoung asked.

Mrs. Kim turned to her, "Jiyoung-ah, I like how hard-working you are, how determine you are, and you're pretty enough to be my daughter-in law."

"But we don't have anything to offer. We don't have wealth like both of you, not even mention a title. And I don't even have a father anymore." Jiyoung told them.

Aera grabbed Jiyoung's hand. "Calm down honey. Calm down." She turned to Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim, "I'm sorry that my daughter a bit rude just now, but she's right. We have nothing to offer to both of you. Your son deserve better."Aera told them.

A man nestled them, "Yah, what are you doing here?!"

Jiyoung and Aera turned around. "Yah, Kim Taehyung!" Jiyoung was surprise to see him there.

Mr. Kim smiled, "So you two know each other? That's great." "Mom, dad, what she doing here?" he asked his parents.

Mrs. Kim smiled, "Taehyung, meet Jiyoung, your wife-to-be."

Both Taehyung and Jiyoung exchanged looks. "What?!"

"Jiyoung, you know him?" Aera asked. "He's my classmate, nothing more." Jiyoung answered.

"Well, now you are more than classmate. You're going to build a family together." Mr. Kim smiled. "Wait! Dad, just me a minute okay." Taehyung frowned deeply.

He took Jiyoung's hand, "Come with me."

Both of them were outside the restaurant. "What the hell?! Do you know about this? You plan this right?" Taehyung raised his voice to Jiyoung. "Look, Kim Taehyung ssi. I have been patient enough for the last three years, so don't be the first person to get scolded by me in public." Jiyoung glared at him.

"I know nothing about this! It was your parents' idea. It's your fault. Why can't you just agree with your dad and take over his place, huh? Aren't you a genius in class?!" Jiyoung asked him. "Yah! Put yourself in my shoes! Would you do something you dislike just to get a better life?!" Taehyung asked.

"I would!"

Taehyung frowned, "What?" "I said I would! Because you know why? Unlike you and your rich family, I have nothing! I have to sacrifice my dream and learn medical science which I don't even like, not for a bit! All this is to help my mother, my family. What do you know?" Jiyoung asked him back.

Taehyung looked at her without saying anything.

"Anyway, let's just forget this okay? Act like none of this ever happen." Taehyung suggested. "Like your parents allow it to happen." Jiyoung scoffed.

Taehyung ruffled his hair messily.

"Yah! If I marry you, what will you feel? Will your life become miserable?" Jiyoung asked calmly. "Do you even need to ask?" Taehyung narrowed his eyes at her.

"Okay. Let's talk to your parents." Jiyoung said and he nodded. So both of them went back into the restaurant.

"So how's everything?" Mr. Kim asked.

Jiyoung uneasily looked at Taehyung, "We already discuss it. And..." "And?" Aera looked at her.

"I'm willing to marry him." Jiyoung said.

"What?!" Taehyung turned to her in surprise. Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim smiled, "That's good." "Wait! No! That's not what we decided just now!" Taehyung glared at Jiyoung.

She smiled evilly at him, *You said that your lifewill become miserable right? Well, hello my friend. I'll be your worstnightmare!*