Chapter 12

It was raining that night. Taehyung was sitting at his arm chair while reading a book, He took a look out at the window, "It sure rain heavily tonight."

Without a knock, his mother burst into his room while talking to the phone.

"Really? Taehyung is here. You can talk to him." Hasun passed the phone to Taehyung. He took it hastily. "Yoboseyo?"

"Kim Taehyung ssi, it's Aera, Jiyoung's mother."

"Yes, omonim. What's wrong?" Taehyung asked when he heard Aera's nervous voice.

"Did Jiyoung said anything to you before you got home this evening?"

"No. Why omonim?" he asked.

"She still not home, Taehyung."

Taehyung stood up, "What?!"

"I called her but it went to her voicemail. I'm worry about her, Taehyung."

Taehyung suddenly remember something from the evening.

"Yah!" someone called her. She turned around. Taehyung and Jimin looked at her, "Just go home if you can't find it." Taehyung told her. "No, I will find it. I won't leave until I found it" Jiyoung answered.

"Don't worry, omonim. I will bring her home!" he then hung up. He gave the phone to his mother in rush, "Mom, let me use your car." He grabbed his jacket. "You know where the key is." Hasun nodded. He ran out from his room.

The empire state grey 2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe speed through the road. *You are an idiot, Bae Jiyoung!* he thought as he tightened the grip around the steering.

Taehyung stopped in front of the school gate. He walked out with an umbrella with him. The guard on shift went to him. "Taehyung ssi, why are you here at this hour?" he asked Taehyung.

"Ahjussi, do you see a girl around here?" he asked.

"I saw someone near the class building late this evening. She said she was searching for something so let I her be." The guard answered. "Did she happen to leave the school?" "No. I didn't see her after that." The guard told him. "I need to search for her." Taehyung said.

The guard nodded. He then handed a flash light to Taehyung since the school is dark.

Taehyung ran towards the class building with flash light and umbrella in his hand. "Bae Jiyoung?! Yah Bae Jiyoung!! Come out now!! Let's go home!!" he called out loudly but there's no answer. He arrived at the building but no shadow was found. He looked around.

"Yah!!! Bae Jiyoung!!! Jiyoung-ah!!!" Taehyung shouted. *come on Jiyoung! Show yourself! I won't forgive myself if anything happen to you!* he thought worriedly.

Taehyung looked at the sky. "She could catch cold in this situation! I need to find her fast!" he looked around again, "Yah!! Jiyoung-ah!!"

He then saw something. He went to pick it. *the ring!!* he kept the ring safe in his pocket. "Jiyoung-ah!!" he yelled again. He decided to look for her inside the building. He straight climbed the stairs to the 3rd floor where his class is located.

Faint cry was heard as soon as he reached the 3rd floor. "Bae Jiyoung? Yah, Jiyoung-ah?" he used the flash light to light the hall way. He saw water on the floor and it's heading towards his class.

He fastened his footstep and went to the class. He slide opened the door. There she is, at the corner of the class, soaking wet.

Taehyung went to her, "Jiyoung-ah, gwenchana?" she looked up at him. Tears kept falling down and she sobbed, "I-I c-couldn't f-f-fi-find it..I-I'm s-s-" "Shuhhhh!!" Taehyung cupped her face. "You're ice cold!" he take of his jacket and put it on Jiyoung.

"Let's get you home. Can you walk?" he asked but she didn't answered. She shivered due to coldness. "Hold this for me." He pushed the umbrella to her. He scooped her up and carried her bridal style. He took the flashlight with the hand he used to support her legs.

He hastily but carefully went down the stairs to the ground floor and went to the closest exit to the guard post. He pushed the door and yelled, "Ahjussi!!!" he tried to call for the guard.

The guard rushed to him.

"Keep her away from the rain." He said as he nodded at the umbrella. The guards took it from Jiyoung and put it above her.

They got her safely into the car. Taehyung speeded towards his car.

"T-Taehyu-hyung..." Jiyoung called weakly. He didn't answer but to keep his eyes fixed on the road. "-I-I'm s-sorry." Jiyoung said.

"We'll talk about that later. I need to get you home fast! You need something warm." Taehyung said.

When the car entered the house compound, Hasun and Dongman were already waiting at the front door. Taehyung got out first, "Mom, get someone to prepare the guest room!"

"Let me help with that." Dongman was on his feet already.

Taehyung went to passenger side and brought Jiyoung out. Hasun gasped. "Oh My!! Jiyoung!!" "Mom, her body is cold. It's the rain." Taehyung said. "Bring her in first." Hasun nodded.

Taehyung placed her on the bed. "I'll get some cloth for her." He quickly ran out from his room. Hasun called the maid to prepare some hot water immediately. Taehyung returned with some clothes. "Hot water?" he asked. "The maid is still not here." Hasun said.

Taehyung was about to yell but his father already walked in with a basin of hot water.

"Both of you, leave this room now." Hasun ordered and they have no choice but to listen.

Taehyung walked back and forth in the living room. "How did it happen Taehyung?" Dongman asked his son. "She was searching for something that she lost at the school today." He answered.

"What is it? Is it important that she's willing to search it under the heavy rain?" Dongman looked at him. "It was the engagement ring. Someone accidentally bumped onto her. She was holding onto it that moment. She almost fell from the 3rd floor but I stopped that but I couldn't save the ring so it fell from the 3rd floor." Taehyung explained everything to Dongman. "I told her to look for it. I was losing my mind at that moment! But I did told her that it's okay if she couldn't find it." he added

Dongman shook his head. "You could've said that you'll buy a new one. You still have a lot to learn, Taehyung."

Hasun walked down the stairs.

"Mom." Taehyung rushed to her. "How's Jiyoung?" he asked worriedly. "She's sleeping upstairs. I already gave her paracetamol. We should see if she's okay tomorrow. I need to tell Aera about this." She told them. "Please do, mom. I'll be upstairs." Taehyung ran upstairs into the guest room.

He walked closer to the bed. He could see Jiyoung was sleeping and she did not shiver anymore. Taehyung sat on the bed. "I'm sorry, Jiyoung. It's my fault. Dad's right. I still have a lot to learn. I can just buy a new one for you but I guess I was too stupid back then. I'm sorry. I don't know if you still want this but, here you go." Taehyung took out the ring from his pocket and gently put it on her finger.

"Good night, my bride-to-be." He kissed the top of her head before he walked out from the room.