Chapter 5

It was Monday and they settle all their assignment and homework. Unfortunately, Jiyoung can't go out with Chungha just yet. Since Aera's assistant wasn't at the shop due to emergency, she has to go and help her mother with things. She chose to wear Nike Air Zoom for easy movement. It was a present from her late father after he got his bonus.

She arrived at Aera's Bouquet an hour after her mother. She started her work with cleaning the cashier place before she moved to clean the table set where her mother usually sits with customers and talk about their request.

Aera silently watched her only daughter. She noticed the shoe she wore. "Jiyoung-ah." She called.

"Yes?" she turned to her mother. "Do you need to buy a pair of new shoe?" she asked. Jiyoung frowned before she looked down at her shoe. "There's nothing wrong with this shoes right? Besides, it's a present from appa. I can't just throw it away." Jiyoung answered. Aera nodded.

TING!

Someone was at the front door.

"Jung Hoseok-nim." Jiyoung greeted him.

Hoseok turned to Aera. "Annyeonghaseyo." Aera bowed back. "What brings you here?" Jiyoung asked. "This." Hoseok handed two drinks to her. It was mocha latte and vanilla latte with extra whipped cream. Jiyoung took them, "You asked Taedong oppa?" Jiyoung ask and Hoseok nodded with a smile. "It a while for me to look for this shop." Hoseok said.

"Do you need some flowers?" Jiyoung asked. "Ah, by the way this is my omma, Jung Aera." She introduced her mother. "Ah, so you are the owner." Hoseok bowed to her once again. "It nice to have a flower shop around here. And thank you for the tulips the other day." Hoseok thanked her.

Aera looked at him in puzzle. "I'm sorry. You are?" Hoseok smiled, "I'm sorry. My name is Jung Hoseok and I'm the manager at Taedong's workplace."

"Aigoo, nice to meet you. I never knew the manager is such a fine young man. Do you like the tulips? Aera asked. Hoseok nodded. "I put them near the cashier. Every time the customers make their orders, they would say the flowers look beautiful there. Thank you so much." Hoseok thanked her. "Anyway do you need more flower?" Aera asked.

"Ah, no. Actually, I'm here to have a talk with Jiyoung." Hoseok said.

"Eh?" Jiyoung looked at him in puzzle. "Ah sure." Aera nodded.

Hoseok turned to Jiyoung, "Can I have a minute with you? Outside?" he asked. "Uhm, sure." Jiyoung followed him out.

"So what do you need?" Jiyoung asked. Hoseok uneasily rubbed his nape. "Uhm, well...about your friend the other day..."

"Chungha?"

"Ah, yes. Her... do you think you can give...can you give me...her phone number perhaps?" Hoseok asked.

"Omo! You're not planning to do something bad to her is it?" Jiyoung asked teasingly. "No! Of course no! I just want to know her better." Hoseok said.

Jiyoung looked at him, searching for a sign of lie. None.

"I'll give it to you if you answer this."

Hoseok looked at her, "What?"

"Just how old are you?" She asked him. "I'm 23" he answered without delaying any seconds. "Hmm, you don't look old either and you look kind enough. Deal! Here." Jiyoung took out her phone and searched for Chungha's name.

"Well, that's easy." Hoseok took out his phone as well. "I know that look in your eyes when you look at her the other days, Hoseok nim. But why don't you ask from Taedong oppa?" Jiyoung asked. "That would be awkward." Hoseok answered and she nodded, "You're right."

"Oh and I'm sorry for what Taehyung did to you guys the other days." Hoseok apologised. "How well do you know him?" Jiyoung asked. "Long enough. Why?" Hoseok asked. "He really likes to speak what's in his mind huh?" Jiyoung asked again. "Kind of." Hoseok said.

"Never mind. It's natural for him to say something like that to me. He hates me. I know that." Jiyoung smiled weakly. "He said that to you?" Hoseok asked and she nodded. "But never mind, I'll get used to it." she smiled.

"You what?!" Chungha looked at Jiyoung in surprise. "Yeah, I did. And if he calls you tonight, you should treat me an ice-cream." Jiyoung smiled widely.

"What?! No! I never agree." Chungha said to her.

"Auw, come on Chungha, he looks nice." Jiyoung smiled. Chungha got up and went to sit next to her. "You can't judge people just like that, Jiyoung. It's dangerous you know."

Just then, Chungha's phone rang. Jiyoung and Chungha exchanged glances. Chungha grabbed her phone and it was an unknown number. "Remember, ice-cream." Jiyoung smiled.

Chungha shook her head, "It can't be him." she then answered the phone call.

"Yoboseyo." Chungha answered. Then her eyes widened in surprise. "Ah, yes. It's me." Chungha looked at Jiyoung but she was playing with her phone. "Tomorrow? Ah, sure. Aera's bouquet? Okay." she then hung up.

"Yah!" Chungha called for Jiyoung. She turned to her, "What?"

"You're right. It's him." Chungha said. "And?" Jiyoung looked at her. "He wants to bring me out tomorrow." Chungha said. "Well, that's good." Jiyoung smiled.

"Good?! Yah, crazy woman!!" Chungha ruffled her hair messily.

Then knocks were heard on her door. "Chungha, every thing's okay in there?" Taedong asked. "Yeah, oppa. She's on period." Jinyoung said. "Ouh, that's normal then." Taedong then leave.

Chungha grabbed Jiyoung, "Yah, crazy woman! Help mepick up a dress for tomorrow. I can't think." Jiyoung laughed, "Here, let'shelp you."