Welcome Aboard

I'm Y/N Troi. I have my mother's last name because my father is unknown. My mom decided to let me on the ship, and after a bit of convincing and showing off my engineering skills, Captain Picard allowed me on board as an acting ensign. The uniform looks cool. I can't wait to start my job.

I board the U.S.S. Enterprise hesitantly. My mother, who is half-Betazoid, sensed how nervous and uneasy I was.

"Y/N, it'll be fun. I promise. I sensed your uneasiness. There's no need to feel scared or nervous." my mom said kindly.

"Okay, mom. But you do know I haven't been on a spacecraft before." I said.

"I'm fully aware, darling. But I know you'll enjoy it. Especially since you have access to the Engineering Room. You do love engineering."

"Alright... I can do this." I gulped and stepped inside the ship. I saw Captain Picard.

"Hello, Miss Y/N Troi. Welcome to the U.S.S. Enterprise. Meet my crew. Lieutenant Commander Data..." A yellow-eyed android, I assumed, raised his hand. "...Commander Riker..." A man with brown hair who sat next to Captain Picard waved. "...Lieutenant Worf..." A Klingon waved to me. "...Lieutenant Yar..." A pretty blonde lady waved at me with a smile. "...and Lieutenant La Forge." A man with some cool visors waved at me. He looks very nice, Lieutenant Yar did, too.

"Hello..." I said, quietly. "You all seem... kind. I hope I'll get along well with you guys."

"Y/N can be a little... shy. So she may speak quietly around you guys until she gets comfortable around you." said my mom. She is right. Usually, it takes me a while to get comfortable with being with a person.

Then, a woman with gingerish-brown hair came in with a guy about my age. I was so blown away by him that I didn't hear the lady's name.

"I'm sorry, I zoned out, I didn't catch your name..." I said, blushing slightly.

"Oh, it's okay. I'm Doctor Beverly Crusher. This is my son Wesley Crusher." said the woman. "Sorry if this bothers you, Y/N, but what do you want to be once you graduate from Starfleet Academy?"

"Don't worry about it. I want to be an engineer on the Enterprise." I said.

"I want to be an engineer, too. Maybe we'll work together once we graduate! You can call me Wes, by the way..." said Wes, extending his arm so I can shake his hand.

I shook his hand and said, "Just call me Y/N. I hope we'll work together in engineering." I blushed. I saw Wes blushing, too.

My mom snuck up from behind me, smirking. She looked at Dr. Crusher and said, "I see a romance developing." Dr. Crusher chuckled.

"Come on, Wesley." said Dr. Crusher. But Wes didn't come.

"Can I just... hang out with Y/N a little longer. She seems to be a perfect friend for me." Wes said.

Dr. Crusher rolled her eyes. "Fine. I'll be in Sick Bay if you need me, okay?"

"Okay, mom." Wes turned to me. "Let's hang out in my quarters."

"Sounds good." I said. We walked to Wes' quarters and I heard some giggling and chuckling. I'm not so sure why. And then I heard this weird, forced laugh. I began to laugh.

"Haha. That's Data laughing." Wes explained.

"So he's an android?" I asked.

"Yep." Wes answered.

"Well I can obviously tell based on that weird laugh." I joked. We laughed together. I think this friendship will last a long time.

Thank you for reading!