The Brother

It's been quite some time now. Wes is now an ensign, but I'm still an acting ensign. Geordi is now working in Engineering. Worf is head of Security. And Riker has a beard. Dr. Crusher is somewhere that isn't the Enterprise and we have a new doctor, Dr. Katherine Pulaski.

And the weirdest news of all, my mom is pregnant. But, instead of it being ready in 9 months, it will be ready in only hours. The child's father is unknown, but chances are that there is no father at all. I'm pretty excited to be a big sister, but at the same time, I know that small children are notoriously annoying.

Wes and I chat about my soon-to-be born sibling.

"Y/N, are you excited to be a sister?" Wes asked.

"Eh... kind of. I know they'll probably be cute, but I heard that younger siblings can be very... annoying." I answered.

"Yeah. But I know you'll be a good sister. And if things between us go further... you'll end up being a good mom."

"Haha... I could be." I sighed. "But, I'm a bit worried about how fast the pregnancy is. It's strange how the child will be born in a few hours even though my mom just got pregnant. I suspect that my sibling will have some non-human and non-Betazoid qualities to them."

"Huh, that could be true."

A couple of hours later I hear a knock on our door. It was Captain Picard announcing that my sibling, who is a boy, was born. Wes and I rushed to Medbay.

I saw my baby brother in my mother's arms.

"His name is Ian..." my mother said.

"Hi Ian!" I cooed.

Ian is going to be so adorable and I wonder what he'll look like when he gets older.

The thing is, I didn't have to wonder that long because he was growing up so fast, literally. He grew up several years in just hours. My mom and the crew of the Enterprise had to figure out why my brother was growing up too fast, so he let me and Wesley babysit Ian.

We played with Ian for some time and he is just so cute. I'm already so attached to him. And while we were babysitting him, he aged up a few years.

"Uh... babe?" I told Wes, staring at Ian, who was growing.

"Yes- oh okay, why is he older now, it's only been about an hour, not four years?" Wes said.

"I don't know."

"I hope our future child won't grow like this."

"Well, even if it does, you'll be a good parent." I leaned in and kissed Wes on the lips gently. Ian saw us...

"Ewww!" he said.

Then, we heard a knock on the door. It was my mom, coming to get Ian.

"Ian grew up several years while we took care of him." I explained.

"This is getting weird." my mom said. "I'll tuck him into bed, and I'll see what happens." My mom walked off with Ian.

Wes and I decided to go to bed a while later. I could hardly sleep, as I was worried about my brother. Was he okay? What is gonna happen when he wakes up?

Ian is my little brother, so it's okay to worry about him. But, it's weird to worry about these kinds of things, because normal children don't age this fast.

And then, a while later, my mom knocks on my door. Wes jolts awake.

"Y/N, I have bad news for you..." my mom said.

"Is it about Ian?" I asked.

"Yes. Unfortunately, he's gone. Well, he didn't necessarily die, but he won't be your brother. He was an alien lifeform who was curious about how humans were like. I know you miss him... I do, too. But, I know you'll push through this. I'm so sorry." I started crying. My mom ran up to me and gave me a hug. She didn't let go until some time later. "Now, get some sleep. Maybe you'll feel a little bit better after some sleep." And my mom left.

I was still devastated. I sat on the floor, sobbing quietly. This was my brother. Even though I just met him, I still loved him.

Wes got on the floor next to me and put an arm around me. He tried to calm me down a bit, and was unsuccessful.

"It's okay, Y/N... it's okay..." Wes said quietly.

"No it's not." I said.

"Yes it is, my angel. Ian is free in space now. He's having a good time."

"I know, but I want him here with us. He was so cute and fun to play with." Wes kissed me passionately in the lips. This was our first passionate kiss, as we are merely teenagers. Once we broke apart, I turned red. "Okay... that was... interesting." I giggled.

"Well, now will it be okay?"

"Not really, but I feel a little better..." I was still beet red.

"Let's go to sleep." And then, the both of us lied down and got some sleep. Things will get better. I'm sure.

So I accidentally published this too early so I had to unpublish it and continue writing... whoops. So this is the end of the main story but there will be two epilogues soon. Bye!