Love and Loss

It's been several weeks now since I got on board of the U.S.S. Enterprise and I'm pretty close with most of the people on the Bridge, as I constantly went there to talk to the crew.

And me and Wes are very close friends. I'm also getting along well with Lieutenant Tasha Yar. She's teaching me her style and how to handle situations. Tasha is pretty much my mentor on the ship.

I know I want to be an engineer, but what she taught me is definitely going to help me out in the real world. I appreciate that she's been helping me out, and I couldn't ask for a better mentor.

Today, I heard they sent an away team to go get my mom, who was in another starship for some time. It wasn't supposed to happen, but the starship my mom was in crashed, and now they have to get her. Tasha is a part of the away team. I hope none of them get hurt...

I heard that Commander Riker, Dr. Crusher, and Lieutenant Commander Data are in the away team, too.

But, I was ended up struck with horrible, awful news.

I heard that Tasha got hurt by some monster on the planet... she must be in Sick Bay! I rushed over there to see if my mentor is okay.

When I made it to Sick Bay, I saw Tasha, unconscious. I was almost crying.

"Doctor, will she be alright?" I asked.

"I'm afraid I'm not too sure." answered Dr. Crusher. "We will try our very best to help her... but there is a chance that she won't make it." I felt a tear roll down my eye.

Wes ran down to Sick Bay to find his mom and me. He saw me crying near Tasha's unconscious body.

"Y/N, are you alright?" he asked while he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah..." I lied.

"I don't believe you..."

"Fine, I'm not really okay. It's just that... Tasha is very important to me and if she ever dies..." I began to sob.

Wes wrapped his arms around me to give me a hug. "Y/N, if she doesn't make it, I'll be right here for you."

I nodded. "Thank you, Wes..."

"It's what friends do."

Dr. Crusher tried to wake Tasha up... the first try was unsuccessful. I'm starting to panic. She tried again. Nothing. I was already crying. But now I'm ugly crying.

Wes put his arm around me and whispered, "It's going to be okay..."

I hope it will be okay. But, by the looks of it, it won't be.

Dr. Crusher frowned and turned to me and said quietly, "I'm very sorry, and we did all we could, but... she's gone." When she said that, I felt so much sadness, and I felt tears roll down my cheeks like droplets rolling down a window. Wes held me while I was crying.

"I am so... so sorry that you lost your mentor, Y/N." said Wes in a comforting voice. "I saw how important Tasha was to you. I don't really know loss... my dad died, but I was too young to mourn."

Captain Picard decided to go with an away team to stop the creature from killing other people, like my mother. I hope she isn't next.

I decided to go to my (and Wes', as I decided to stay with him) quarters to cool myself down after I sat near Tasha's corpse. Wes wasn't there, but I saw a note.

It read:
Dear Y/N,
Meet me at Ten Forward when you can today.
I hope you're feeling better...
-Wes

Obviously, I rushed to Ten Forward as fast as I could. When I arrived, I found the table Wes sat at and sat down in a chair across from him.

"I read the note. What do you need?" I asked.

"Well..." Wes said, turning a bright pink. "I just wanted you to know that... I care for you..."

"I care for you. But is there anything else?"

"Y/N Troi, I... I know this might be taking things too far, but..." Wes looked down at his laps. Then, he looked back up at me. I got lost in his brown eyes until he said, "I... love you." I gasped in excitement. "So... will you be my girlfriend?" I saw Guinan smile at me. Guinan runs Ten Forward, and a lot of people come to talk to her, because she's a good listener.

I hesitated. My choice could change my life. I should choose carefu- oh who am I kidding. "Yes!" I said cheerfully.

Guinan gave us a chocolate dish right after I said yes. It was so creamy and chocolaty that my taste buds were sent to chocolate heaven.

After we walked out of Ten Forward, I kissed Wes in the cheek. "Thank you so much for being there for me. Now, I heard that Tasha is getting a funeral in the holodeck. Let's go." I said.

We ran to the holodeck, and for Tasha's funeral, there was a hologram of her. She addressed everyone who attended her funeral. She told me, "Y/N, you are very friendly and a great person. I hope you take everything I taught you and use it. I enjoyed mentoring you, and now it's time for you to mentor yourself. I know you can do it. You can do anything." I started crying. Wes let go of my hand, which he was holding, and put his arm around my neck.

Once the funeral was over, Wes and I walked to our quarters. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

Just so you know, this isn't over, yet. There's gonna be more and I want to show how the relationship goes. I hope you're enjoying this so far.

Happy New Year!