Chapter 1. The kids in the ice.

So I had this book published, but my idiot of a brother unpublished it. I swear I hate him sometimes.

Well, here you go. The first chapter is released for a second time.

~No one's P.O.V~

Water.

Earth.

Fire.

Air.

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only the Avatar could stop the ruthless Firebenders, but when the world needed him the most, he vanished.

A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the War.

Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe.

Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads, and that the cycle is broken.

But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Avatar will return.

To save the world.

Foot prints could be seen in the shining, new snow of the South.

Two siblings, Katara and Sokka, are out fishing in a small canoe.

"It's not getting away from me this time." The oldest, Sokka, prepared to spear a fish, "Watch and learn, Katara. This is how you catch a fish."

Katara, his younger sister, gave him a skeptical look before looking down at the water, seeing a fish swimming out from under their canoe.

She pulled her warm, blue glove off her right hand, taking a deep breath, she began to wave her hand up and down.

A bobble formed around the fish and the water lifted it up in the air, "Sokka, look!" She exclaimed, now using her other hand to keep the bobble steady.

"Shh, Katara, you're gonna scare them away. I can already smell it cooking." The boy shushed his sister.

"But Sokka, I caught one." Katara told him, moving the bobble towards the boy.

Sokka, oblivious to his sister's success, readied his spear to strike and accidentally hits the bubble with the back of the weapon, knocking the fish back into the ocean and drenched himself in the water of the now-pierced bubble.

Angry, he scolded Katara, "Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked?"

Katara sighed, "It's not magic. It's Waterbending," She corrected him, "And it's-"

"Yeah, yeah. An ancient art, unique to our culture blah, blah, blah." Sokka cut her off, "Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself." He told her.