Chapter 2. The Avatar Returns.

~No one's P.O.V~

Returning from the site of the shipwreck, the three are greeted by many angry faces in the village.

Upon seeing them arrive, some of the kids ran up to the Airbenders, cheering about them being back.

The accidental triggering of the flare on the ship had warned the Fire Nation of their presence. Because of the mishap, the safety of the village have been compromised.

"I knew it!" Sokka stepped forward, "You signaledthe Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?!"

"They didn't do anything. It was an accident." Katara resorted when they got closer.

"Yeah, we were on the ship and there were this boobytrap, and, well, we boobied right into it." Aang finished, rubbing the back of his head.

"Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. Now we could all be in danger." Kanna, better known as Gran-Gran told her granddaughter.

"Don't blame Katara. I brought her there. I brought both of them there. It's my fault." Y/n told them, her hands in her pockets.

"AHA! The traitors confesses! Warriors away from the enemies!" Sokka ordered the kids, they sadly looked up at Y/n and Aang before lowering their heads, going back to their parents.

"The defectors are banished from our village!"

"Sokka, you're making a mistake." Katara growled at her brother.

"No. I'm keeping my promise to Dad. I'm protecting you from threats like them!" Sokka objected, pointing at the Airbenders.

"They're not our enemy! Don't you see? They've brought us something we haven't had in a long time. Fun, and hope." Katara told them, serious.

"Fun? Hope?! We can't fight Firebenders with that!"

"You should try it sometime." Aang added in before Y/n covered his mouth.

"Get out of our village. Now." Sokka glared. Speaking ever so slowly to make sure they understood.

"Grandmother, please. Don't let Sokka do this." Katara pleaded, but Kanna agreed with the decision her grandson made.

"Fine! Then I'm banished too! Come on, guys, let's go." Katara, outraged, pulled Aang and Y/n by their sleeves, "Where do you think you're going?!"

"To find a Waterbender! They're taking me to the North Pole!"

"We are?" Aang asked, looking at Y/n before smiling, "Great!"

"Katara!" Sokka' shout made the girl stop in her tracks and let go of the Air Nomads, "Would you really those them over your tribe? Your own family?"

Y/n placed her hand on Aang's shoulder, shaking her head before jumping up on Appa's head. Aang made his way up to Katara, "Katara, we don't wanna come between you and your family." He said before jumping up on Appa's back.

"So, you're leaving the South Pole? This is goodbye?" She asked after rethinking her decision, deciding to stay.

"Thanks for penguin sledding with us." He thanked, making his way up to Appa's head.