Chapter 12. The Fortuneteller.

~No one's P.O.V~

"He's taunting us!" Sokka exclaimed, watching the large, green fish - a Se tu - to be more specific, leap into the air before landing back into the water with a splash, "You are so going to be dinner!" The Water Tribe boy grabbed his fishing pole from his tent set nearby and attempted to cast the pole into the water, somehow unsuccessfully.

Sokka eyes his fishing pole suspiciously, noticing something to be missing, "Hey, where's the fishing line?" He questioned, only for Aang to let out a sheepish laugh.

"Oh, I didn't think you would need it, Sokka." Sokka turned to him, seeing the monk holding up a woven necklace with a flower decorated in the middle.

"Aww, it's all tangled!" Sokka complained, throwing his head back.

"Not tangled, woven." Aang replied to the older boy, helping himself up with his Airbending, "Y/n wanted me to make it for Katara because she doesn't know how to do it herself." Aang mentioned, holding the necklace out for Katara to take it, which she did with a thankful smile.

"Thanks, Aang." Katara gave a warm smile, her free hand going to where her necklace once had been, "I love it." She told him, tying it on.

"Great, Aang. Maybe instead of saving the world, you can go into the jewellery-making business." Sokka noted sarcastically.

"I can't see why I can't do both."

"APPA!" Y/n's voice sounded from the woods, pulling the trio out of their conversation. Momo perked up from his seat behind a rock where he was happily eating, and spread his wings to fly towards Y/n immediately.

Appa let out a grunt before taking off as well with the other three running as fast as they could in tow.

Y/n's lips were pulled into a thin line. In front of her was a furious platypus bear attacking her and the man clad in blue behind her.

The man Y/n had decided to call Mr. Calm man merely smiled as he and Y/n dodged another swing of the bear's claws. The attack ended in cutting a large chunk of wood from the trunk of the tree behind the two, making Y/n frown at how close that was to hit her.

"Hey!" She shouted at the bear, blowing it back with her Airbending. The bear let out an agitated cry before Appa's head appeared behind it, bellowing. The sudden sound from the larger creature causing the Platyplus bear to shake in fear. A large egg popped out of its butt before it escaped the scene, swimming down the river.

It only took Sokka a second before he had picked the large egg up, he let out a satisfied hum, "Lunch!"  He exclaimed, giving it a sniff to make sure it was okay before turning to the man, "Lucky for you, we came along!"

"Thanks, but everything was under control. Not to worry." The man replied, folding his hands before taking a bow, "Aunt Wu predicted I'd have a safe journey."

"Aunt who?" Aang mimicked, lifting a thin eyebrow.

"No. Aunt Wu. She's the fortuneteller from my village. Awful nice knowing your future." The man replied with a smile.

"It must be." Katara responded, facing the man with a bright expression on her face, "That explains why you were so calm!"

"But the fortuneteller was wrong! You didn't have a safe journey; you were almost killed!" Sokka exclaimed, blinking flatly at the man.

"But I wasn't!" The man replied in a happy tone, "All right, have a good one!" He bid them farewell and began walking away, only to turn around when he was about to pass Y/n, "Oh, Aunt Wu said if I met any travellers to give them this." He said, handing her a wrapped parcel seemingly containing a long, thin object before turning to leave once more.