Chapter 7. The Spirit World, Part 2.

~No one's P.O.V~

It was the early hours in the Senlin Village, the moon still up, shinning as the only light to Y/n, who struggled to get Appa to move.

"Appa! Get off of me!" Y/n shouted in a strained voice, trying to get out from underneath the beast. Appa roared in protest and only changed his position, adding more weight on the girl, who had tried to leave without the others nor Appa.

"Look I'm sorry, you aren't coming with me to the Fire Nation." Y/n told the Bison with a sigh, "I don't want them to get, okay? Much less because of me." She told him calmly before turning back to commanding, "So get your big butt off the ground and let me go!"

"I think his butt is trying to tell ya something." Sokka's voice sounded behind Appa, making him lift himself now that the others had arrived.

Y/n stood up, dusting herself off before taking her staff. She turned to find Sokka, Katara, and Aang along with a collection of Senlin villagers.

"Please don't go, Y/n." Aang pleaded with the girl.

"The world can't afford to lose you to the Fire Nation." Sokka tried to reason.

Y/n was about to respond when the image of the comet appeared before her eyes, "But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means!" She said, swinging with her staff as she approached her friends, "I need to get to the Fire Temple before the sun sets on the solstice. That's today!"

Y/n opened her glider, turning around, she held it above herself to take off. She glanced back at the others with a slightly sad expression before facing forward. As she was about to jump, Aang and the siblings ran to stand in before her, preventing her from moving any further, "We're not letting you go into the Fire Nation, Y/n." Katara told her sternly.

"At least, not without your friends. We got your back." Sokka told the girl, placing a hand on his hip. Momo soared up and perched atop Y/n's shoulder.

"It's a long journey to the Crescent Island." The Chief told Y/n as she jumped up on Appa, her group doing the same. He handed Y/n a small bundle, "You'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sundown. Good luck."

"Thank you for your-"

"Go!" The Chief interrupted sharply, yelling. He pointed towards the ocean.

Appa took off with Y/n, Aang, Momo, Katara, and Sokka. The villagers stood, waving goodbye to them.

~No one's P.O.V~

Appa soared over the ocean. Aang, Katara and Sokka watched the ocean fearfully while Y/n focused on flying Appa.

"Come on boy, we've got a long way to go. Faster!" Y/n hurried Aang's bison, leaning down to let his large head. A grunt left Appa's mouth before he sped up.

Aang spotted the large ship behind them, recognizing it within a second, "Y/n. We've got trouble!"

Sokka's eyes widened in panic, "Yeah! And it's gaining, fast!"

"Fireball!" Katara shouted to the girl, the flaming projectile racing towards Appa.

"I'm on it!" Y/n pulled Appa's reins quickly, making him dive just in time to let the fireball fly above them.

Everyone made faces and grasped their noses, "We have to get out of Zuko's range, before he shoots another hot stinker at us!"