Greetings

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

He chuckled "My name is Dimitri"

"What do you want from me?"

"Nothing"

"Then why am I here?!" I yelled.

"Elizabeth, could you check on the patient in room 243?"

"Sure thing" I answered as she handed me the file. I tried to hide my yawn as I walked past all the people waiting to hear news of their loved ones. There had been a horrible accident earlier that day. 83 people were injured and sadly 5 dead. Ugh I hate accidents. They're just so sudden and unexpected. I got to room 243 and opened the door. On the bed laid a very injured man. According to the file, he had been shot in the right shoulder. He was unconscious.

"Alright" I sighed. I checked his vitals and heart rate. Everything looked stable. I heard the door open and turned around. A dark haired man in a leather jacket stood there. He didn't walk in the room, just stood there.

"I'm sorry about your friend" I said.

He didn't even look at me. I closed the file and started to walk out. I reached the door and felt him grab my arm. I flinched.

"How is he?" he asked with a heavy accent.

"I...uhm...he's in a stable state, he should be fine" He let go of my arm and I quickly got out of there. I looked back at the man and saw him watching me. Creep.

I put the file back in the cabinet and then went over to Lucy.

"Hey girl, everything alright?" Lucy asked while writing something down.

"Yeah, I mean no. That guy over there was acting so strange"

"Strange how?" she dropped the pen and looked at me.

Let me explain, Lucy is the type of girl that lives for gossip and good stories. She loves hearing other peoples dirty deeds and also likes to pass them along.

"I was checking on the patent, the one with the bullet wound and he just stood in the doorway and said nothing. Then when I was leaving he grabbed my arm and wanted to know about the patient. It was all weird and very uncomfortable"

"Wow, yeah that's so weird" she answered and started looking at the man. He was still standing there, only now talking on his phone. Then he looked at me and Lucy so we quickly looked down.

"You know Beth, I heard that patient got shot by the mafia"

I looked at her. "The what now?"

"Yeah, I was flirting with the police officer that was checking on him earlier and he said that this man is a very dangerous hit-man or something"

"Do we know his name?"

"Yeah the officer's name is Lenny" she said excited and grabbed her pen back.

"No I mean the patient's name?"

"Yeah no we don't know that, but he's hot though"

I gave her a small smile and went back to work. My shift ends in 3 hours and it's already 19:00.

The leather jacket man had left so I checked again on the patient around 21:00. He was still unconscious and everything was stable. When I was about to leave I heard something. I turned around and saw the patient. He was awake.

"Where am I?" he asked in a harsh yet subtle voice.

"Hospital" I said "My name is Elizabeth, I'm a nurse. Let me call the doctor to check on you"