New deal, new rules

This was torture. But after all that's happened...I only think of Jason. I miss him. We weren't exactly together but I was hoping maybe someday we could be more. He is so sweet and caring and funny and I just love the way he makes me feel. But then Vivaldi came and everything went to hell.
I went to the bathroom to look at my neck in the mirror. It had mostly healed after these weeks. I brushed my hair down to hide it and walked back into the bedroom. Dimitri was standing there.
"What do you want?" I asked quietly.
I wanted to cry.
"We need to talk, sit"
I walked to the table were I usually eat breakfast and sat down. I was getting used to doing what I was told...
Then he began "I've come up with a solution for our problem"
Our?
"Romero is a horrible man, the only thing he actually respects is the Mafia law"
"I'm sorry, the what?" I interrupted.
Dimitri smiled "Mafia law, rules that every mafia leader needs to follow"
He can't be serious, they have laws?
"It's common between mafias to buy and trade stuff, such as weapons, houses, banks and people. Now he wants you and only you. But there is a way to make his demand invalid. So he has to ask for something else instead"
I bearly had words to say...
Dimitri crossed his arms and walked up to me. He bent down to look me in the eyes. I looked away.
"Look at me" he demanded.
I did.
"So what's the solution?" I asked frightened.
He then got on one knee and opened a small ring box. Inside it was a beautiful red dimond ring.
"Will you marry me, Elizabeth?"

........

"I...uhm...." how the fuck do you answer that question? I hesitated and looked around. Trying so hard to find a way out of here. This is not right. I can't do this.
"Ho-how does...th-that solve the pr-problem?"
He smiled a little. "Well, if you're my wife then it means you're officially mine. No one can take you away, ever"
But I don't wanna be his, I'm not an object! I'm a human, a person. This is all wrong.
"So what do you say?"
I looked down.
"I'm sorry...I can't..."
He didn't say anything, until I felt his hand on my throat. He was going to kill me, I knew it.
But I didn't feel any pressure. Instead he stroked me and motioned me to look at him. The scar...he would feel it.
And just like that he stopped.
"What is that?"
He brushed my hair away. He saw the scar.
"Nothing!"
I jumped up and put my hair in front of it.
"Who did this?" He grabbed my arm.
"No one!"
"Elizabeth" he looked serious.
I couldn't tell him it was Lucius, he would probably freak out and then kill me. I tried to break free from his grip but he just held tighter. "I won't let go until you tell me"
"And what if I say you did this?"
"I would never hurt you like that!"
I paused "But you would punch me, choke me, tie me up..."
"And I will do it if you won't tell me"
His grip got stronger and I tried to hold in a scream.
I was thrown to the floor. I didn't dare look up.
"One last chance, tell me"
Do it Beth, just tell him. If you don't then he'll hurt you, just say it was Lucius.
"Fine..." I took a deep breath "it was Lucius..."
Tears came streaming down my face. I waited for his punch, his kicks, his hands choking me. But nothing happened.
I am so sick of crying all the time, I'm tired. I wanna go home. I don't want this life. I looked up and saw him sitting on the bed. I slowly got up and sat on the chair. This night was crazy...
"What are you gonna do?" I asked.
He looked at me.
"If one of my other guy would've done this to you, they'd be dead"
My heart missed a beat.
"But Lucius, he's not just someone that works for me. We go way back..."
"So you're not mad at me?"
"You? Why would I be mad at you?"
I honestly didn't know, I just expected it.
"I'll take care of Lucius" he stated and stood up.
"You're not gonna kill him, are you?!"
He walked to the door.
"Dimitri, please answer me" I pleaded.
He turned around.
"It was wrong of him to hurt you like that, if anything like that happens again. You will let me know"
I nodded, then he continued.
"I'm sorry for what he did. I will come back later and expect an answer regarding my proposal"
I just nodded again. And he walked out.

I was dirty, my makeup was all over the place, my arms and legs were sweating. I needed a shower.
I went to the bathroom and took a long hot shower. I didn't think of anything and it felt nice. My worries seemed to wash away with the dirt. As I was drying my hair my mind suddenly started thinking about everything.
What about Jason? What will happen to him? Is Lucius gonna live or die? What if I say no to the proposal? Will he then sell me to Romero? And if I say yes then I'm stuck with Dimitri forever. There is no good solution. Unless....I just end it...
The door opened once again and I heard Mary Rose shout.
"My dear! I brought you clean clothes and some dinner!"
Then a door was shut. I guess she left.
I finished drying my hair and got dressed. She had given me sweatpants and a T-shirt. I looked at the table and saw the dinner. I wasn't hungry. Not after what happened.
It was almost midnight and I couldn't sleep. It was getting harder and harder and I don't know what to do about it.
Then it was 2:00.
I went in the bathroom to pee and wash my face. When I returned back, someone knocked on the door. I opened it and saw Dimitri. He was only wearing sweatpants and I backed up.
"Can I come in?" He asked.
"Would it matter if I said no?"
"Not really" then he walked in.
He jumped on the bed.
"What do you want?" I asked not in the mood for this.
"I told you I'd come back for your answer"
I sighed.
"I don't know" I said and walked to the window.
"Well I'm gonna need a better answer"
I turned to him.
"Does it matter? You can always force me to marry you. You know I'll do anything as long as you have Jason"
He sat up.
"I know, but I'm really asking you this time. Will you marry me?"
I turned back to the window. Then I had an idea.
"Only if you let him go" I said calmly.
"What?"
I walked over to him.
"I'll marry you IF you let Jason go and won't never ever threaten or hurt my loved ones again"
He smiled "Is that all?"
"No, I want to see my family"
He took his time to answer me.
"Alright, but then I want you to tell them that you actually love me"
I backed away.
"Why?"
"Only so they don't try anything stupid like help you escape or something"
Now I needed time to think.
"Alright, we have a deal" I said and sat on the bed next to him.
He put his arm around me and kissed my forehead.
"I can't believe I'm doing this.."
He laughed "honestly, I can't believe it either"
"Do I still have to follow your rules?"
"I haven't decided yet"
"Dimitri, you've kept me here for almost a month. I can't take it anymore being afraid all the time, of you and your men"

"I understand, then let's make a new rule, forget the old ones and just have one"
He took out the ringbox and opened it. The same beautiful red dimond ring was still there. He took my hand and placed the ring on my finger.
"The rule is simple, betray me and you'll regret it"
"Why does it always have to sound so threatening?"
He grinned "it's the only way to make you follow it"
"Fine, then I have one for you. It's only fair since I'm gonna be marrying you"
He nodded and stroked my hand.
"Touch me or hurt me in any way and I'll kill you"
He laughed.
"Threatening"
"Just like yours!" I couldn't help but smile a little.
His eyes were so beautiful, I found myself staring at them. He noticed.
"You want to kiss me, don't you?" He teased.
"No" I said but still looked at him.
Then he leaned in and kissed me. I fell backwards and soon he was on top of me. The kiss was long and passionate. He pinned my hands down and started kissing my neck, then stopped when he reached the scar. He gently kissed it then carried on down my breast and my stomach. He had almost reached my flower when I panicked.
"Stop!"
He looked up. Then leaned in closer to my face.
"Why?" He asked serious.
"I...I..."
"What?!"
"I'm not ready!"
He let go of my hands and sat up.
"What do you mean?"
I can't believe I'm about to say this, no I'm not gonna say it. Not now.
"I'm just not feeling it tonight"
He sighed "I understand, it's been a stressful day"
He laid back on the bed and closed his eyes. Wait he's gonna sleep here?
"Are you not gonna go to your room?"
"Only if you come with me"
I rolled my eyes and laid down next to him. Well this was going to be interesting...

A/N:  I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please Vote and Comments and let me know what you think :)