Wedding

His eyes were so fucking blue. Like the ocean, I felt lost in them. I stood in the back of the crowd. Then the music started...

Everyone stood up and that was my que. But before I could start, I heard a cough. To my side stood my dad. He offered me his hand but didn't say anything. His smile was genuine but serious.

I took my first step and felt his eyes on me. How on earth did I end up here? Marrying this psychopath.
I kept my head down and looked at my feet, the tip of my heels appearing in each step under the dress.
"Wow she is so beautiful"
"He is a lucky guy"
"Did she really say yes to that man?"
"I wish them a happy marriage"

The crowd whispered.

Then the path ended and I looked up only to see Dimitri's hand. I hesitantly took it and let go of my father. I didn't have the guts to look at him.
Then the priest started his speech.
I wanted to cry.. This is all wrong..

Dimitri  squeezed my hand so I looked up at him. He was smiling. I hated that smile. He was a monster.

"Do you Elizabeth Black, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. His smile disappeared. 

Then suddenly he leaned forward.

"Think about your family" he whispered. Tears wanted to burst out. 

"I-I do" 

The ceremony went on. I felt chills run down my spine when he said 'I do'. I wanted so bad to run away and never look back. Why on earth did he want to marry me? What did I have to offer?

The only thing I did was saving his life, forced to safe his life! 

Then I felt his arms on my waist, he smiled at me and I faked a smile back. Then he kissed my, softly, like I was a fragile puppy. He had never kissed me like that before...

My vision blurred a little when we walked back down the aisle. My feelings kinda numbed out. I felt broken and dead inside. And I regretted the night ahead. Dimitri was smiling and shaking everyone's hand. I just stood quietly beside him. The main ball room in his mansion was decorated in white and silver. Red roses were seen on every table and the dance floor in the middle had red-ish lighting. My mother approached us and I immediately gave her a fake smile. 

"My daughter, it's so good to see you" she hugged me and I noticed she gave Dimitri a glare.

"Can I have a moment alone with her?" she politely asked. Dimitri looked at me but I didn't show any emotion towards him.

He then nodded and gave one of his bodyguard a look. That bodyguard followed us away from the crowd. We stopped at a hallway on the second floor. 

"My child, how are you feeling?"

"Great" I said loosely.

"Oh my love, I wish I could safe you from that horrible man, this is just tragic"

Where was this coming from? She never talked about a person in this way. She looked worried. And it killed me to see her so scared. Maybe I shouldn't have told her about him, or even visited while still being held captive by that monster.

"Mother, what did he say to you that day, when we visited you and dad?"

She sighed and looked down "oh it was noting"

"Mom..you can tell me, he is my husband now. Nothing worse will happen"

She wiped away a few tears and took my hands in hers. 

"He simply told us that there is no way of saving you, that he can make your life and ours a living hell if we don't come to terms with this marriage"