09 ; grand opening

「chapter nine 」

"i truly feel honored

"i truly feel honored.. having many people supporting me. as many of you may or may not know.. i opened this bar with the support of my ex lover" yumi explains through the mic in front of the crowd who are invested in her words

many people came. many people are new comers and others are people who use to come to the bar often. ".. and i closed the bar due to having trouble with my love life, i really regret everything that happened that day.. i regret the decisions i made that day. now i feel happy being able to open this bar for anyone who is in need to take a break"

yumi continues with her speech, "today i will be having a special guest" yumi starts showing a smile, "my younger sister will sing today, this is one of her first times singing infront of a huge audience.. please welcome her nicely. you guys will be one of the first to hear her singing. she wants to become a singer who helps joseons hearts who are in need, now please welcome my sister, y/n" yumi calls looking over to the other side of the stage looking at you with a smile

you smile and walk onto the center of the stage feeling a bit nervous. you look at your sister feeling uneasy who only nods with a smile. you gulp and look forward at the audience, there was many people.

the audience had all their eyes on you waiting for you to sing patiently. your hands hold onto the mic before taking in deep breaths, you look at hyunmi was already looking at you waiting for your confirmation for her to begin. hyunmi nods with a soft smile and begins to play the piano starting the first song.

the audience hearts suddenly began to beat, it's like they haven't heard a singing voice in a long time. they're in need for a comforting singing voice.

in the vast wilderness

my life runs

i dream of meeting you

wherever you are?

in this lonely world

this bitter human world

♫what are you looking for?

you sang, once you were halfway through the song you became less nervous. the audience were into your voice. your voice hugged them with comfort, though the song you were singing did seem sad.

yumi watched you with a smile, she felt proud knowing she was helping her younger sister chase her own dream. the dream that will help joseon.

seojoon takes a drag of his cigarette before he takes a sip of the expensive drink he ordered. he spins his chair to face the stage. his eyes fall on a beautiful young lady, she did have a lot of resemblance of yumi. she has the beauty.

your voice got the attention of seojoon. he looks at you with awe, he never seems to find interest in anything. wether it was happy or sad. his life was miserable, or that's how he saw his life.

it was miserable, with his family never paying attention. they only cared for the wealth and position. they don't care about his feelings and never asked if he was doing fine, they were never there for him when he needed they're help. they only helped him if they can make a good reputation of him.

he hates people who are wealthy and selfish, he even hates himself. through the years of growing up in a wealthy family he realized he lost his feelings, feelings that made him happy. now he only feels annoyed, or mad.

seojoon came to the bar just to get some air. to forget all the worries that he has, and most importantly to get away from his family.

your voice really did caught his attention. your voice was something he never thought he needed, your voice was beautiful. it somehow made him have a different feeling he wasn't familiar with.

what was it? comfort?

seojoon didn't even notice he has stood up from his chair listening to your voice. your looks were also eye catching to him.

while taehyun watched his sister begin playing the piano, he suddenly felt happy. he felt like a proud brother seeing his sister playing the piano. he remembers when she had barely started playing, it wasn't very well, but now it was nice music.

but once you started singing his eyes fall on you, your voice gave him a familiar feeling. a feeling he hasn't felt in years. a feeling he has been needing.

your voice reminded him of his mother, it was similar to her voice. it was soft and delicate. without taehyun noticing his eyes became watery. his promise is broken.

the song sounded so sad, yet it the song was making taehyuns heart clench. he didn't know if it was a good or bad reason.

lee hyuk takes a drink of the not so expensive drink. he came to the bar to make a report, he hasn't been able to write anything and it was making him anxious. and knowing this bar opening is quite popular will get his article attention.

lee hyuk looks at the stage and his eyes land on you, hyuk chokes on his drink once his eyes laid on you.

people around hyuk look at him with confusion, hyuk chuckles awkwardly and look forward. he's never seen someone so beautiful. hyuk hasn't payed attention to women ever since he's been writing. but now that he layed his eyes on you he felt like he's found what he's been missing.

hyuk was also surprised at your singing voice. your voice truly was music to ears.

who could've guessed that you didn't just have the looks you also have the talent. the audience seemed to be enjoying your singing which only boosted your confidence.

once you were done with the song you smile brightly making many hearts flutter. the audience clap once you were done and you shyly bow.

if you got many support like this and people truly did like your sing, why wasn't it enough for seungwon?

questions began to fill your mind, and you didn't notice the smile left for a couple seconds. yumi calls your name causing you to look over to where she was standing, she smiles and holds a thumbs up. you smile, you didn't know if it was a forced one or if it was a real one.

-

To get your imagination flowing, this is how the singing scene is like. it's similar to how I wrote it.