Impeccable

Hey Hey Hey, 

Time to spill the tea on Zayn's birthday. So first, we spent the whole week together because he was going to tour again not long after so we wouldn't have as much time together. I decided to use that time wisely. Some my fellow readers may remember when Zayn and I first met. Louis and Harry's house and how he offered me a drink. Well how many of you remember him asking me to teach him how to make the drink I was drinking that day? If you do then sooo many kudos to you. 

I finally lived up to that about 7 months late. It wasn't that hard to make so it wasn't that hard to teach him either. I suspect Mr. Zayn Malik was pretending to find it hard to make. I think his cocktail may have even been better made than my own (don't tell him that though). To make just one, you'll need one part Pisang Ambon Liqueur and 2 parts sprite with some lime juice not loads. Pour the Pisang Ambon into a highball glass. Add the sprite, a few drops of lime juice and ice cubes. Serve with a straw. We may have got slightly drunk so ended up getting a small hangover. We didn't do much on that day. 

That left 2 days until Zayn's birthday. I think he hoped I'd either forgotten or didn't know. He was not in luck though because when it came to his birthday, I made the boys stall him for the day by getting them to go to one place to play Mario kart. It's very addictive so I knew once they made him play one game, he'd be hooked for at least two hours if not more. It gave me enough time to cook him dinner as he normally cooks for me. I'm not the worst cook in the world but I have some skills and I didn't give him food poisoning so I'd say that's a bonus. 

Time to turn into a food blog for a bit I cooked creamy pesto chicken. 

For Creamy Pesto Chicken, You Need:

- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts- 3 tbsp homemade pesto- 85g mascarpone- 4 tbsp olive oil- 100g breadcrumb, preferably from day-old bread- 175g, baby tomatoes, on the vine- A handful pine nuts- A handful basil leaves

To make it, I had to preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius not I was using a fan oven. 

Next, I used a small, sharp knife to slice each chicken breast to form a pocket. I also mixed the pesto and mascarpone. Then I very carefully, nervous about getting it wrong, I spooned a quarter of the mixture into each chicken breast and smoothed over the opening seal. After that, I brushed a little oil, only about a tablespoon over each chicken breast and seasoned it well. Also I tipped the breadcrumbs over the chicken breasts and placed in a lightly oiled and shallow baking dish along with the tomatoes. Important note is to keep the tomatoes on the vine in a couple bunches. Drizzle over any remaining oil. This took me about 15 minutes. Then I placed it in the oven for about 22 minutes but around about 15 minutes into cooking, I text Zayn asking if he'd be home soon and hoped he'd get the hint. Luckily he did and that meant he left a few minutes left. Once the chicken started to turn golden and I was sure it was cooked through, I took it out. I knew Zayn would be home in around about 10 minutes so I then scattered over the pine nuts and cooked for 2 more minutes. Once those two minutes was up, I sprinkled basil leaves on top and served with crusty bread.  Almost as soon as I had set the table with our plates, he stepped inside the house. According to Zayn, I looked rushed and had slightly rosy cheeks but he also said I looked cute so who cares. Just quickly before I continue, if you're new and want to know how to make a quick pesto, I'll quickly tell you how I did.

I got a food processor and whizzed together:

- about 40g of basil leaves

- 25g of toasted pin nuts

- Some finely grated Parmesan

- 1 crushed garlic clove

- 3 tbsp olive oil