|Prelude|

Hᴀʜ, ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɪʟ ɪᴛs ɢᴏɴᴇ

Geneva~

        My heels clicked against the east wing of the building as my head swayed side to side trying to find the correct room number, "Shit." I cursed. I gripped the name tag in my hand and attached it to my blazer and began to walk faster, passing a few people entering an elevator. I contemplated on entering too, but now I might just be lost.

It's my first day of work, working for one of the most successful people in California and I'm late.

I majored in business so I have a keen mind at things. But being on time for things was always a weakness. I straightened out my pencil skirt a little bit and adjusted the buttons on my blazer as I rushed through the sleek dark marble hallways. It's like the first day of school all over again

As I was about to enter another hallway, someone almost bumped into me and I stepped back immediately, "Shit, watch where you're-" I paused and realized she was someone of higher standing than me just by the looks of it. She didn't look like a beginner here

She squinted her eyes at me, "Got somewhere to be? You were damn near running." She chuckles and I checked my watch on my wrist, "Yeah I'm looking for Mr. Jackson's-"

She gasps, "Oh you're Mr. Jackson's new worker! Yes my apologies this way!" She said and started walking down the hallway as I furrowed my brows and followed her. We passed numerous of meeting rooms and people typing vigorously on their computers and everything makes me excited a little. My first serious professional job.

She stops at the door and right away I read the label right outside of it: Jackson's Meeting Room

She was about to open the door but we heard voices, almost as if they were arguing, "Take everything with you and don't come back. Is that clear Ms. Rivera?"

"You're firing me for no damn reason! Why the hell should I-"

"I've told you many times why I'm doing this. You're a distraction in the workplace and I can't have that."

The woman growls at him like a damn bear and roughly opened the door exposing me and the woman I followed and her eyes squinted at mine, "This is the new bitch you fired me to hire?"

"Just go Rivera."

She huffed and pushed her way past me, almost knocking me off my feet. If I wasn't in a professional workplace I woulda grabbed her by her damn hair-

"Destiny who's this?" The man asked the woman who guided me here and right away I read the name tag on his desk by the big windows, this is Mr. Jackson...