9|Negotiation

I ᴊᴜsᴛ sɪɢɴᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀʟ, ɪᴍ ᴏɴ

Michael~

     My hands were folded in front of me and I anxiously sat there and listened to Destiny's words carefully. My eyes were squinted and internally I hated what I was hearing. It was storming outside and the sound of thunder didn't even make me flinch.

"Repeat that Destiny." I said, glaring hardly into her eyes and she gulped, placing down some papers from her hand onto my desk.

"T-these are the data sets that were recently recorded about a few days ago, sir." She repeated and studied them. "That red line is your company sir, and the blue one is your sister, Janet's." She pointed to the paper as my eyes glared down at it.

"I-it looks like Janet has surpassed your peak and is now higher than you. Your company, the red line, appears to be decreasing but not exponentially sir. That would take a little longer—i-if your company doesn't recover."

My finger was placed on my chin and I had no words other than. "Unbelievable." The thunder outside became louder and she forced a smile on her face.

"On the bright side sir, you're still one of the most successful companies up there. You're much higher than many other."

I held my finger up and looked her in the eye. "I was on top Destiny. I'm not there anymore. I don't come second, not third not fourth." I lowly muttered and she quieted down and just stacked up the data sheets and clutched it in her clipboard again.

I swung my chair around side to side lightly as I brought my hands closer to my face, folding them under my nose. My elbows rested on the table and I looked at nothing in particular. Angry was an understatement.

My briefcase suddenly disappeared which I've had no effort to look for. Usually at a time like this, I'd look over my notes or anything I've been able to jot down from my employees but I have nothing. I wouldn't be able to do that if i wanted to.

Everyone's so caught up in the fact that I gave Ms. Arias a promotion and that seemed to hypnotize everyone into not doing their damn jobs.

"Would you like me to refill your coffee, Mr. Jackson?" Destiny interrupted my thoughts and I looked back at her and shook my head. "No." I simply said and stood up from my chair and walked over to the window that exposed the view of California.

When I stood and stared out this window, I held so much authority. I wouldn't think twice about what my business means and exactly who the hell I am. I lost all that confidence just standing here again today.