10| Arias Co.-the end

Nᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

Nᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

A/n: p.s this might suck

Omniscient~

It's been weeks since everything has happened. Geneva's fame rose quickly and soon the whole state knew about her new position. Soon it would be the whole country.

Some were happy for her, others..

"I ain't sure if I need my glasses cleaned or my ears cleaned—maybe both. But I'm sure as hell not hearing that you've been replaced, Michael." Joseph sat in the white leather chair of his mansion in the living room, followed by Michael, Janet and Katherine and some other siblings.

Things were tense. The atmosphere was so thick, it could be cut with a knife.

Michael ran his hands down his face as he had a glass of red wine in his hand, sipping at it occasionally while angrily glaring off into the distance. It's the first time he's left his house in weeks. He had no desire to meet the outside air or associate with anyone. He had everything, and suddenly he's down to almost nothing—work-wise

"I don't wanna talk about it." Michael muttered, looking away from everyone. "In fact, I'm not even sure why I was called here. I woulda liked staying in my house way better."

"You've been in that house for days. Get some fresh air." Janet rolled her eyes as he scoffed. "Easy for you to say. You didn't lose something you built."

"I built this empire!" Joseph's voice became a bit louder, making it echo across the house. "Now I'm hearin' you let some girl take over? We're better than this."

"Blame Nixon, Joseph." Michael rolled his eyes again, crossing his arms. "He's the damn chairman. It's his call from the beginning. This damn "empire" was never our's to begin with."

"If I was still in position this woulda never happened." Jospeh continued on as Katherine shook her head. "It happens all the time. CEOs get replaced all the time." She said, wearing a rich red gown followed by sequins on it, complimenting her entire outfit.

The family came from rags to riches all by themselves. Although all Michael could remember was riches growing up, his family certainly hasn't always been this wealthy. They love their money, and so does he.

"Even though we're supposed to be competition," Janet started, holding up a finger as she has her work clothes on, ready to start the day at her building. "I still think this is all bullshit."

Michael shrugged. "I've been saying it from the start. They favored her over me who's been there way longer."

"Embarrassing." Joseph gritted. "To let someone take over so easily. Embarrassing."