arc one: part one

"Technoblade strikes once again at an orphanage in Texas. There were no survivors. One of the deaths that occurred that were not that of an orphan's was a pro hero. Could this imply that pro heroes were weaker than the Blood God? Can we really trust them?"

——

Skeppy lounged in his living room, laying across the comfy couch. His bored eyes stared blankly at his phone, his fingers moving on their own and scrolling through the articles, most of which was clickbait. Nothing he hasn't seen before.

After a couple more minutes of repetitive article viewing, he set his phone down on the coffee table and closes his eyes, sighing deeply. Nothing interesting happened anymore. Villains were striking less in his region, and when they did? They were stolen by Spifey. That annoying beaver always steals his villains.

And the criminals? Boring! No one was worthwhile. Just pathetic street gang members and lame burglars that stole from convenience stores. Even if he arrested a hundred low-level thugs, he couldn't even move up a ranking. Japan gets all the cool stuff- Hero Killer, League of Villains...

Though, one villain came to mind.

Technoblade. The terrorist that rose to fame after hospitalizing a high-ranking hero, who died after unsuccessful surgery. The name sends people into a cold sweat. The name sends Skeppy into an excited tremble.

Described as a tall man with bright pink hair, Technoblade didn't even bother with hiding his appearance. He's active on social media with tons of throwaway accounts and loved to goad media outlets and tabloids into turning against the heroes.

Skeppy longed for the day he meets him.

——

"Technoblade is currently holding a child hostage in an abandoned factory as heroes attempt to negotiate."

——

"Hey Wilbur," Schlatt turned to his British friend, who was engaged in a game on his phone. Wilbur didn't even bother looking up and ignored Schlatt.

The two heroes were currently in Wilbur's bedroom. As small as it is, it has a comfy feel to it. Wilbur's guitar rests beside Wilbur as he plays. The clock behind them flickers on and off.

Schlatt poked Wilbur with a gold-clad finger. "Wilbur!" He says louder. Wilbur turns away and continues playing. "What are you even playing? That Raid: Shadow Legends again, whatever it's called?"

Wilbur doesn't answer.

Schlatt knows he has to pull it out.

Sighing, he reaches down to his lap, where a stick-like figure was.

"WILBUR," he screeches into the microphone, one that was specially made to resemble the infamous 'funny mic'. Wilbur jumps, dropping his phone, eyes widening.

Schlatt snickers.

"What, Schlatt?" Wilbur sighs when he has calmed down.

"Have you heard of that new villain? Technoblade?"

Wilbur's eyes narrowed. "The one that almost killed Charlie? Yeah, duh. Charlie was fucking lucky to have escaped."

"He posted on this throwaway Instagram account saying he was coming to our state next," Schlatt drawled, lifting his phone up.

"What the fuck?" Wilbur spat out, snatching the phone and looking at the screen.

The first image is of Technoblade's back, his bright pink hair and crown easily recognizable as the man himself. He's on an empty train, facing the windows. A bag rests beside him, a pocket knife slightly visible in the front pocket.

The second image is one that shows his train ticket with everything but the words "destination: California" crossed out, seemingly with a black marker. It rests on a train seat with Technoblade's hand pointing towards it.

The caption reads, "coming to california @wilbursootofficial @jschlattt @tednivison @traves @cscoop try and stop me. gon' burn this train down after im done w/ it".

Wilbur's grip visibly tightens on the phone.

"That bastard is gonna die."

"A train from Texas was burnt down after arriving in California. After investigation, it was revealed that Technoblade was the one behind this crime."

"Hey Bad," Finn leaned over the table to peer down at Darryl. "You think we can beat Technoblade in a fight?"

Darryl winced. "Just thinking of him makes me cringe. We're number 10 and 11, but I think we would probably be incapacitated for life even if we do defeat him. Have you seen what he did to Slimecicle? Dude was #8 and just barely escaped death..."

Finn slapped Darryl on the shoulder, making the older man yelp in pain. "Don't be such a pessimist! We'll beat 'im for sure. Slimecicle was probably just having a bad day!"

Darryl sniffs. "I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist. Slimecicle was not having a bad day. Why do you think he's #8? Because he is competent in his job. If he was having an off day, he wouldn't have tried to beat Technoblade-"

"Just shut up, will ya?" Finn slaps Darryl's shoulder once more, but even behind his confident gaze, there was a hint of doubt showing in his eyes.

——

"Technoblade kills innocent orphans at a local orphanage."

The absolutely STUNNING comic in this chapter was made by @Galaxy__Nebula on Instagram. PLEASE go check them out!