arc three: part ten

———

———

Deo knew how strong Techno was. He's heard heroes talk about how one man can't be so deadly with just a sword, laugh at the villain like he was some child, then be defeated in three seconds. Naturally, Deo learned to not underestimate him.

He took on an overhand guard. Techno watched and smirked tentatively and did the same. Deo lunged forward, sprinting towards him and throwing an overhand cut to which Techno parried smoothly, delivering back a diagonal rising cut towards Deo's right leg. Deo deflected it with his blade and there was a short pause where the two men glared at each other with determination in their eyes. Techno leapt back and drew his blade away, swinging horizontally at Deo's neck. Deo leaned back to avoid the blade and almost stumbled at how close the sword was to decapitating him smoothly.

Techno repeated this motion and this time Deo was quick enough to block it with his sword. To his surprise, Techno continued pushing his sword forward, putting pressure on his blade and driving Deo up against a wall. He couldn't dare to move his sword away from his throat or else Techno would cut through his neck and the weight against his the edge of his sword was pressing his own blade towards his throat. Deo resisted, trying to push Techno away, but the pink-haired man didn't budge. With every still second, his blade neared his throat dangerously.

"I've had fights with heroes longer than this," Techno snarled with a cocky grin. Deo smiled back unconsciously, his lips stretching upwards despite himself.

"Really?" Deo murmured before lifting his leg and driving his foot into his opponent's solar plexus. Techno faltered, falling backwards and let out a painful groan. He immediately assumed an overhand guard and met Deo's blade mid-swing.

The two went back and forth, every thrust and cut made with murderous intent. They swung tirelessly, going at it for what felt like an eternity until Deo felt a sharp pain at his thigh and lurched backwards, feeling it with his empty hand for a second or two. Blood ran down his palm and in between his fingers, dazing him for a second or two. It was only until he caught Techno swinging down at him out of the corner of his eye did he come back to his senses and dodge the slice but barely.

He drove his sword into a low thrust, catching Techno's attention to the lower halves of their bodies and causing him to instinctively go for a block. With a twirl of his wrist, Deo compass-stepped and shifted into a moulinet and went for Techno's head. The terrorist ducked and smirked, stepping backwards and assuming a middle neutral stance again. "Not bad," he sneered. Deo scoffed and stepped back as well, copying his movements. "I haven't fought this exciting ever,"

"I could say the same," Deo mocked, his grip on his sword tightening. Techno must've noticed something wrong when the NOLIFE leader struck at him again but with two times the strength of before, nearly knocking the diamond sword out of Techno's hands.

"You used your quirk," the terrorist snapped, eyes gleaming mercilessly. Deo nodded in confirmation and went in for another blow. His hold on his sword was relaxed but because of his quirk effects, they were tight around the handle.