arc three: part three

———

purpled (@burpled)

@bloodgodtechno morning! beat nolife's record yet? :))

———

The grip on his phone tightened and it felt like he would crush the device in his fist. He gnawed on his lower lip angrily, his teeth digging into the flesh and nearly drawing blood. "Little shit," muttered Techno, running his free hand through his pink locks. It wasn't like he could try to beat this record either- the orphanages around the country were either guarded so heavily that even he couldn't break through or they were destroyed. He strolled through the abandoned streets of a countryside town that he'd come across with a black backpack lined with pink. Even for someone like Techno, the area was chilling. Bugs crawled through the cracked roofs and walls of the houses and the glass of the windows was broken through. Rowdy graffiti layered over the buildings and garbage littered the roads.

Techno had come to this lonely town at first just to visit. It was one of the few places he could walk around in without the fear of being found. After all, he really couldn't pace the streets of Los Angeles anymore, could he? This was a good substitute, as dauntingly creepy as it was. He could almost feel the chills of any ghosts that wandered the town.

An audible crunch sounded under his feet. Techno looked down at his boots and to his surprise saw a newspaper. In this time and age? A newspaper? Out of curiosity, he stepped aside and reached down, picking it up gingerly. It dated a couple of years back and wasn't a newspaper originating from a small town like this. No, it was one from the cities. The newspaper name was faded out, the ink simply little scratches, but the end of the headline stood boldly against the yellowed paper. 'Girl Goes Missing After the Death of Ender Attack'.

Techno's heard of the Ender Attack. It happened when he was in school. He remembered it clear as day, it was the talk of the city for a few days and remained as a story that parents told their kids. Many people had gone missing in the few days the villain of the attack reigned before his death, yet reappeared with no problem mere hours after they had been reported missing with no memory of where they were taken. He never bothered to look into it but he once knew a few people who had tried to do research papers on the incidents and had little luck whatsoever. It was quite a peculiar event.

Techno tossed the paper aside, watching for a few seconds as it flew into the wind and then continued on his walk. It would do him no benefit to research about it now. His school days were over for good and it was more beneficial to push away everything related to school.

His mind shifted to the topic of NOLIFE, or what Purpled had referred to the group of idiots trying to dethrone him as. Techno felt his lip twitch upwards all of a sudden- what? Did he find the group funny in their attempts? Probably. Definitely. His face forced into a scowl (that's more like it) and he kept walking. Who did they think they were, doing the same things he did, acting like they had a right to Techno's trademark? They were exactly like the stupid fans of Techno's, the ones that caused their own downfall by following him like puppies. A metal taste filled his mouth and he realized that he was chewing on his bottom lip so harshly that it drew blood. The ache fell away when he moved his teeth but the taste didn't shake.

A rather large beetle crawled across the road in front of him, a black spot scurrying across the pavement that caught Techno's attention. He crouched down, watching it run from one side to the other.

He blinked, and the beetle was weakly wiggling its little thin legs. He had a stick in one clutched in his fist and it was very obvious to him what had happened. "Heh," Techno snickered to himself, raising the stick again and driving it into the struggling bug again, putting it out of its misery with one quick and accurate jab. His gaze lingered on the carcass before he stood up again, dropping the stick and letting it clatter to the earthy ground.