arc two: part three

———

"BadBoyHalo is attacked by a mysterious person."

———

Bad thought he was a moderately skilled hero. He's number eleven in the hero rankings, a status that many can't even picture to match. Although his quirk was arduous to control and manipulate effectively and it wasn't the most powerful, his melee combat ability was that to fear. Paired with the extreme heat of his quirk, most villains don't stand a chance.

As much as he likes to think this, he must admit that there are those that are faster than him.

Another knife speeds past Bad, rattling to the ground behind him. He feels a warm liquid trickle down his right cheek, and he grimaces when the piercing ache starts to really come into effect. The girl appears to be thrilled to have ultimately hit her mark, though it only had hardly sliced Bad's cheek.

Still not fast enough, Bad thinks to himself. You're not fast enough. Wake up, Bad. You're better than this.

The teenaged looking girl draws yet another blade from behind her back, this one smaller but rough and jagged. "Hee hee! I've already drawn your blood, but you can't even put a scratch on me!" She ridicules. She has a thick Norwegian accent, Bad marks. The girl is costumed in a painfully bright mint green onesie. Two catlike ears curve on either side of her head, and a fox-like tail protrudes from her tailbone area. Her brown hair, bordering on black, falls out the side of her pulled-up hood in two long locks, curling slightly at the tips.

Bad has no time to jot down her appearance, however, because she throws her knives fast and racing. This one rushes past him, barely missing. The breeze from the firm throw blows back Bad's hood.

"Aww, I'm out of knives," the crazed girl sulks. Bad feels a wash of relief surge over him, but he learns to not drop his awareness so quickly when the girl reaches in a pocket and snatches up a handful of sharp darts.

"Y'know, BadBoyHalo," the girl smirks, spinning one between her index and middle finger. "I've never missed a bullseye in my life, but then again, I've never had a moving target," her smile widens, if even possible, showing all of her jagged teeth in a sinister grin. "Would you like to be my first?"

Bad blinks in surprise.

He hears a thud behind him. When he turns, there's a dart, settled into a tree trunk all the way to the handle.

Instinctively, Bad springs to the side and two more darts plant into the tree, grazing against the others in a neat cluster in the center. Bad's sent racing around, darts hunting his every step. Each move he makes, he strives to close the distance between the girl and him.

The hero lifts his hammer to bring down on the girl, who has finally halted her dart-throwing to recognize just how close he was. Bad grips his hammer tight, shuts his eyes and swings down.

Nothing.

There's nothing there.

An explosion deafens him, prompting him to jump backwards in shock. The girl's on the ground, cursing and grasping one of her darts by the tip. A smoking stone lies just by her face, and Bad turns to see the number two hero squatting on a tree branch.

"Skeppy, I was about to-"

"Just go away! I'll finish this up!" His so-called "best friend" snaps at him, flicking another rock at the girl, who rolls to the side and hurls a dart right back, to which Skeppy effortlessly evades. "If you were any good, you would've defeated this girl a long time ago. Just leave!"

Bad opens his mouth to protest but instead rolls his eyes in exasperation and retreats. In battle, the top ten heroes really are monsters, both in skill and in personality.